customtf.org

General chat, women, music, geeky stuff, personal issues, whatever.
trumad

customtf.org

Post by trumad »

Just to let you guys know, I've made a new website for customtf. It's got some links, a standalone customTF installer and a wiki. Your input would be very much appreciated, especially in the wiki. I'd love to get a good history of the mod written down, as well as gameplay & strategy sections.

the url is http://www.customtf.org - Let me know what you think!

Beltan

Re: customtf.org

Post by Beltan »

Heading over there now.

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Nice work. I recommend you post about this during intermissions on AGR also.

Keep it up

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Well done, but what is the purpose of the site, tell everyone about the Custom TF mod? It's ok. But what is practical use of it when the only like CustomTF based server exist today is AGR.
So your site like a historical museum with dead exhibits. Site that promoting trumad.dyndns.biz server? Its is not even in http://www.quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers/t=tf/ listings.

How many players u have? When matches take place? No info.

Anyway well done promoting Custom TF.

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

That what you said:
"Thanael Mack. Back in the day, customtf.org was the main customTF site. It had forums, downloads, and a pretty active community. And anyone running a fairly recent, unchanged version of customTF will see a link to customtf.org each time somebody joins the server or the map changes. I think that was coded into the mod when that community was still active. So that's why I decided to get customtf.org.

As for what it'll be used for...well, currently it's got links to servers, this facebook group, an IRC chatroom (#customtf on quakenet, if you're interested) and I put together a client so people can download and play customTF with relative ease.

In my dreams, the customTF community could be revived. Servers would be full, forums posted in, wikis edited - but I don't think that's going to happen. As I add stuff to the page (and anyone else if welcome to add stuff too) it'll maybe serve as a museum for all things CustomTF in the future.

Sound good?"