2fort5 Keepaway

General chat, women, music, geeky stuff, personal issues, whatever.
trumad

2fort5 Keepaway

Post by trumad »

Hey hey :)

Does anybody remember 2fort5 keepaway? A clan called ZAP used to run a server. It was tons of fun.

Basically, a flag would spawn on the bridge, and whichever team got it first would have to keep it away from the other team. They would get a point ever 20 seconds, and the other team had to try & kill the flag-carrier. Then it would respawn back on the bridge. It was amazing.

It's very similar to AGR, actually. Tons of action, even with a small number of players. Action is focussed on a small part of the map, and it's very competitive. Also, it really requires teamwork.

I figured it's something we might enjoy on another night of the week, if we can gather a few people together. So I set up a server. it's based in Northern Ireland, on a crappy laptop on a home connection, so it may not be amazing... But here's the ip anyway:

trumad.dyndns.biz

What do you think?

moa

Re: 2fort5 Keepaway

Post by moa »

trumad wrote:Does anybody remember 2fort5 keepaway?
Indeed. Not on 2fort5, however, but on some Egyptian-style weirdly-sounded map. Heaps of fun. I'm not much into Quake anymore, but if such a thing attracts players I will prolly jump in.