win 64bit sound issues?

Share your config/setup, and troubleshoot technical problems.
OneManClan
Site Admin

win 64bit sound issues?

Post by OneManClan »

Not sure if this is still an issue or not, so I've removed the 'fix' from the 'play now' page.

I'll store it here, in case it's still an issue:
Win7 64 bit users: if you experience sound issues, type '"snd_mixerthread 0" at the console. If that doesn't work, try typing 'snd_inactive 1'. If that doesn't work, try typing 'snd_khz 48'. If that STILL doesn't work, and you are using the latest audio drivers for your soundcard, then use the 32bit version, and leave a comment below w the details, so we can look into the issue.

ripednail

Re: win 64bit sound issues?

Post by ripednail »

OneManClan wrote:Not sure if this is still an issue or not, so I've removed the 'fix' from the 'play now' page.

I'll store it here, in case it's still an issue:
Win7 64 bit users: if you experience sound issues, type '"snd_mixerthread 0" at the console. If that doesn't work, try typing 'snd_inactive 1'. If that doesn't work, try typing 'snd_khz 48'. If that STILL doesn't work, and you are using the latest audio drivers for your soundcard, then use the 32bit version, and leave a comment below w the details, so we can look into the issue.
Good to know.

Hey can you help me out with server bots? I'm looking to make a 1v1 or 2v2 borderserver :) Given the lack of players during the week and my affinity for the map.