The seriousness of Sundays?

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
rincewind

The seriousness of Sundays?

Post by rincewind »

By now I assume it's old news for anyone who plays AGR that the sessions really aren't very competitive or serious. For some it's just for fun, no Ventrillo, no teamwork, no communication, no support......NO problem 8-) , which is fine. For others it's the complete opposite where the blue flag holds an almost holy grail like quality and winning is everthing :x

This post is by no means going to solve that but I thought it was worth highlighting to the few who come across this forum and wonder what all the fuss is about. After Sapphired's rant and subsequent rage quit on Sunday it did bring to my attention that some sessions do leave you with an empty feeling. :|

One of my suggestions is a pre-organised core team of members. Overall Quake skill isn't a requisite of joining BUT a will to communicate and work for the team is! Personally I don't like using Ventrillo but I'll have it on to listen to. Any other suggestions for making AGR a little more organised? :?: :?:

rincewind

Re: The seriousness of Sundays?

Post by rincewind »

By the way, I'll happily chuck my hat into the ring for this core team concept. Something for map 2 or 3 perhaps...

JuanS8000

Post by JuanS8000 »

I m new at Quake and at TF and i liked the way that my team (that i don´t remember who was on it) deffended and attacked

Anyway this all about have fun and have a good time...

I have an idea:

The session starts, everybody is ready so just TWO players join one to the blue team and the other to red team, after that you see who is new at the server, after that the two "captian" starts to choose, obviously try to be fair..

For example: There are 6 skilled people and two noobs

The red team gets 3 skilled and one noob

Another thing is communication: if somebody doesn´t like to use Ventrilo, use the chat but it will be good to use Ventrilo..

ufia

Post by ufia »

I'll jump on vent this evening