Ideas for Item Changes. Requesting Feedback.

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Beltan

Ideas for Item Changes. Requesting Feedback.

Post by Beltan »

These are ideas I have for item changes. When you're done reading, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Applying effects to weapons:
Sniper Rifle headshots and direct hits with explosives cause concussion. Damage could be scaled back mildly while maintaining the bonus for accuracy.
Chaingun Cannon, when actively firing, reduces damage from the player's front by 50% and prematurely detonates explosives.

Pipebombs, like mines, should be able to be destroyed. However, make them take slightly more damage to destroy so that someone can't just quickly sweep away a whole field of pipes with a couple of shotgun blasts.

Remove the Super Nail Gun and replace the Light Assault Cannon with a new weapon: The SUPER NAIL DRIVER. This weapon uses Nail ammo and fires clouds of nails 3 times per second. It's clip is slightly bigger than the LAC, but it must reload in a similar fashion, taking several seconds.

The Double-Barrelled Shotgun should reload after every few shots, but should have a stronger knockback effect and slightly increased damage.

The Mauser's instant kills need to stop as soon as possible. To make up for this MASSIVE damage reduction, have the mauser apply concussion, gas grenade effect, tranquilizer, and infection. If that doesn't keep someone from catching the spy using it, nothing will.

'Close Combat' can be removed and it's effects applied to the only two things people usually buy it with: Judo and the Knife. If a player tries to buy 'Warlock' and doesn't have the Knife...automatically purchase it.

Airfist: Infinite ammo. If you fire the airfist more than 3 times in 5 seconds without letting it cool down for at least 2 seconds, it sets you on fire and then you lose it for 10 seconds while it cools. The airfist upgrade should be included automatically. Total cost would be reasonable at $2000 and if it doesn't use cells engineers would be more inclined to use it to protect their builds from SSSSSSSSSPPPPPAAAAAAAAAMMMMM. Anything that keeps spammers in line is a plus.

The Laser Cannon should never have to reload (though it should still cost ammo.) It's cost should be slightly reduced.

The Hologram's frozen countenance and ridiculous glow makes it far too obvious. Can you copy the AI of the Grunty and turn that into hologram that patrols a zone and "shoots" at the enemy?

---------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2
---------------------------------------------------
Combine backpack, bandoleer, clip extender, and body explosion into one option called "FULLY LOADED!!!". Cost: $1000. This idea might need some tweaking; do you think we need more exclamation points? :)

Ninja Kit: Stealth, High Jump, Scanner Jammer.

Hoverboots: Includes Hoverboots and it's upgrade. Hoverboots' rocket stream should fire flamethrower rounds twice as fast. The hoverboots charge system might actually work well with the airfist.

Remove Flares from the game entirely.
Combine Psionic and Concussion grenades. Increase expense.
Combine Napalm and Mirv grenades. Increase expense.
Combine Gas grenades and Smoke grenades. Touch the sky.
Combine Normal and Krac grenades. Increase expense. I'm not kidding, like $2000.
Combine Frag grenades and Nail grenades (fuckImean yyyayy spam). Increase expense.
Remove Bio grenades and change Caltrop grenades so that instead of crippling someone they infect them. Increase expense.

iNfEcTiOn: Vomiting time (stun time) should be no longer than 2 seconds. The victim's maximum speed could be restricted while infected, but let's keep it reasonable so the person still has a fighting chance, huh? They are already doomed if they don't have a nearby medic. ;)

Detpack Package: Comes with 1 regular, 1 tossable detpack (2 of each if they have !FULLY!!LOADE!D!!!!!!!!)

Combine Sensor and Camera together. Sends team messages like the camera, but also raises the alarm when it detects an enemy.

Engy Kit: For $2000, get the Spanner, Teleporter, Forcefield, Dispenser, and Sensorcam.

Sentry gun should come with turretize upgrade.
Tesla Sentry should come with Tesla upgrade.

The Tesla Sentry needs a cost change. Each regular upgrade should cost only 75 metal and the misc upgrades should cost only 50 metal apiece so that an engineer doesn't have to make several trips to spawn to build a tesla only to have it wiped out in 4 seconds by a couple of well-placed shots. Er, I mean it'll still be killed quickly but it won't take 5 damn minutes to build.

Replacement for Tesla option, 'Upgrades from frags': An option called 'Self Aware'. When this Tesla option is selected, the Tesla cannot be tinkered and gains upgrades based on how much damage it has dealt. It automatically distributes it's upgrades without metal requirements...but chooses randomly. It also slowly regenerates it's health and ammo.

There are three main flaws: It kills any friendly who tries to dismantle it or remotely detonate it, AND it targets any friendly with a lightning blast if they hit it with friendly fire. Whoops I said 3 flaws, didn't I? Yyyyyyeah...sometimes the Self-Aware Tesla thinks it's "funny" to attack a teammate for no reason whatsoever (the team is given a warning when the Tesla feels like being "amusing").

Combine Runner skill with Berserker.

AI grunts...it's a fragile balance we have here in AGR...AI Grunts need a clear advancement. Steps are achieved by the grunt's kill count. Hopefully they will die more often, but when one survives it will power up quickly if it isn't destroyed.

Step 1 (1 to 2 kills): Turd. Grunt clearly misses his target 50% of the time and inexplicably prefers the nailgun. If they survive it'll be a miracle, but hey, at least they are free to summon! 300 health.

Step 2 (3 to 5 kills): Maggot. Grunt misses only 40% of the time now, but switches between the single barrel (for targets that are moving) and nailgun (only for stationary targets). Freezes like a complete tard when grenades are tossed nearby. 600 health.

Step 3 (6 to 9 kills): Baby Bird. Grunt is missing only 30% of the time now, Double Barrel for close to medium distance and a SUPER NAIL DRIVER (or a rail gun) at long distance or for stationary targets. Is stunned by damage 50% less than previously, but still just stares in horror at grenades that are tossed nearby. Frequently buys medikits. 900 health.

Step 4 (10 to 15 kills): Vulture. Grunt misses only 20% of the time. Uses SND or rail gun at long distance and against stationary targets, Double barrel for medium range, and tears into close-range enemies with his knife. Gets the fuck away from explosives. Strafes to make it more difficult for people to hit it. Constantly buys medikits. 1000 health

Step 5 (16 to 30 kills): Giant Eagle. Grunt misses 15% of the time. Has Rocket Launcher and Double Barrel and SND (or rail gun). AIMS AHEAD of it's target. Knifes enemies twice as fast if they get in melee range. Significantly increased movement speed. Fuckin' BOLTS away from tossed grenades. Strafes constantly and dodges rockets, grenades, needles 33% of the time. Has a scanner and isn't fooled by spies, even really tricky ones. 1100 health.

Step 6 (over 30 kills): BAMF. 2 warnings (3 seconds apart) to all players that Grunt is now a BAMF. Grunt misses only 9% of the time and still aims ahead of it's target. Sniper Rifle at long range (charges 3 seconds, then headshots [except 9% of the time]). At medium range, alternates shots between rocket launcher and double barrel. Rips out your eyes and shits on your brain if you get into melee combat with it (instant kill, sentry-point-defense style. The death message should mention something about ultra-judo and/or the number of broken-off limbs the victim now has). The true nightmare begins: it throws mirv grenades at the enemies! 1300 health and if you don't want to find out what your guts look like, don't piss it off with friendly fire...it's even less tolerant than it's less-experienced counterparts with friendly fire messages (as it kills you) like "Yes, I KNOW you won't do that again." and subtle phrases like, "Fine. Fuck you, then." or perhaps it will just say nothing and walk over to you and ultra-judo you to death, for emphasis. One last thing, IF the BAMF grunt dies, it explodes into FIVE MIRVS. You know, for emphasis.

I will post more another time...
Last edited by Beltan on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rincewind

Re: Ideas for Item Changes. Requesting Feedback.

Post by rincewind »

Some interesting ideas but I personally only like the hologram one, other TF servers have far more convincing Holos like on the old phoenix labs or megatf. Not sure about your other ideas, particularly making pipes easier to destroy.

Now....I'm definitely agreeing something needs to be done about the Heavy Cannon on AGR, the simple truth is that it's a joke, gimped beyond recognition. The spread of fire makes this weapon all but useless unless you are standing almost flush next to someone. The HWGuy used to be a formidable foe but when I see it on AGR it's not taken seriously and really is quite simple to deal with. I'll be constructive here though, it's pretty simple: The area of spread when the Heavy Cannon is fired needs to be reduced. In MegaTF it's perhaps more realistically contained in a small area, requiring more skill but better results if you can handle it. In AGR it's quite laughable and is more akin to "spray and pray" you hit something.
Not sure if OMC even reads these but I'm all for powering up the heavy cannon even if OMC doesn't bother to reduce the ridiculous spread the weapon fires at. I see OMC and yourself Beltan use the light cannon almost weekly.....but the heavy cannon?

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

Thanks, Rincewind.
rincewind wrote:Not sure about your other ideas, particularly making pipes easier to destroy.

heavy cannon even if OMC doesn't bother to reduce the ridiculous spread the weapon fires at. I see OMC and yourself Beltan use the light cannon almost weekly.....but the heavy cannon?
I don't feel that the pipe idea is a huge deal, I just thought it would be nice if it was POSSIBLE to destroy them with regular weapons instead of having to customize to get past a pipe trap (I'm thinking mainly of QDeth3, but there are plenty of other examples).

TBH a long time ago when I wanted to be a 'bad dude' I would recustom and grab the Chaingun Cannon. Now it just doesn't do enough damage and 1 tossable regular grenade kills nearly anyone. (Moving GOOD, standing still BAD)

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Could always have the pipes move-able when touched, or attacked.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

What to the Krac grenade do?

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

Making pipes able to be pushed around isn't a bad idea. Usually when you kill someone with pipes they didn't see it coming anyway.

Krac grenades should be renamed to something like Shredders or Anti-Armor grenades or something- basically krac grenades tear apart armor, builds, and on a related note also destroy pipebombs.
...yeah there's nothing like having your expensive armor wiped away by a krac grenade...

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just test comment, ignore it