WANTED: D-Team players

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
OneManClan
Site Admin

WANTED: D-Team players

Post by OneManClan »

Ok guys, it's been a while, lets see if we can do this. 2fort5r, this Sunday March 18th.

Detail of the (proposed) strategies are here, thought I'd start a new thread.

We need at least 5 to make this work, all on vent (at least listening).

....who's in?

rincewind

Re: WANTED: D-Team players for 2fort5r March 18th

Post by rincewind »

I'd happily throw my hat into this but I atleast want one other bunnyhopping player on the Dream Team aswell. Excuse the bias towards BH's but 9 times out of 10 this means they can atleast put up a half decent fight.
Also, if I'm going to play against Haze I'd rather not be the only player "trying" to stop his spamtastic airfist class.

:geek:

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:I'd happily throw my hat into this but I atleast want one other bunnyhopping player on the Dream Team aswell. Excuse the bias towards BH's but 9 times out of 10 this means they can atleast put up a half decent fight.
Also, if I'm going to play against Haze I'd rather not be the only player "trying" to stop his spamtastic airfist class.

:geek:
Well it's 6 minutes till we start, and it looks like this might have to wait for next week. :(

re Airfist: a few players have commented on it's impossibility to 'overcome'. I'm not sure everyone realises this, but (as mentioned many months ago) the AGR version of the Airfist has been modified so that flag carriers don't get any 'lift'. I'm still looking into whether more needs to be done..

The only way to test these things is with organised teams playing properly.. c'mon people. If there aren't any old skool players left, I invite newbies to join the D-Team and learn proper strategy from the Gurus! :geek:

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Ok, how about Game 2, THIS Sunday - the 25th of March..
Who's in!?!?!?

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Ok, to make this as quick and simple as possible, I'm gonna suggest specific people to these specific positions:

1. Wolfgang: RR [CONFIRMED]
2. OMC: Upper RR/lift [CONFIRMED]
3. KOP: Upper spiral
4. ??? Upper room
5. Sapp: Flag Room area

Please advise if this is ok, and you accept. I'll edit the post to reflect the D team status

rincewind

Re: WANTED: D-Team players

Post by rincewind »

Possible D-Team for a map that isn't 2fort?

:-)

I'm not at work tomorrow. Count me in!

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:Possible D-Team for a map that isn't 2fort? :-)
Sure, is there any map you had in mind? The only reason I've been picking 2fort5r for the Dream Team matches is because EVERYONE knows it (hopefully) like the back of their hand, and it rarely gets played *correctly*.
rincewind wrote: I'm not at work tomorrow. Count me in!
Nice!!
KOP: C'mon man, where are you?
Sapphired: You'll probably be in the FR area anyway, all you have to do is COMMIT to STAY there for the entire game! With Wolf and myself covering the RR area, and KOP + <position vacant> covering the upper room/upper spiral, you'll have plenty of time to build/hack, and all you should get down there are spies, thieves, and the occasional, (hopefully) very damaged Red.

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Did we even play it properly? I'm sure blue lost...my ezquake didn't save a final score screen.

How about next week but on something like "fcast" or "north1"?

haze

Post by haze »

no that didnt really work at all..

first thing every defense needs incoming binds at the bare minimum. incoming spiral , incoming ele, incoming to flag room.. whatever. so the other positions are ready for it.

that is, if they aren't on ventrillo verbalizing the incomings. but then every single defense player has to be on ventrillo or it will break down. because the two people who aren't on vent won't see or hear any indication of incoming and wont know where the offense got through the first line (rr or upper room). so thats why binds work, everyone sees them (if they are looking, which if they are on the DREAM TEAM they shuld be looking)

this is basic clanning stuff from a decade ago now. thats the problem with trying to get a competitive style match from within a public server. it needs to be organized first, and the best way IMO is IRC, everyone is there chatting live in real time before the match, not on a forum one post after the other, and not in the game, when its too chaotic to set things up because nobody pays much attention.

the other thing is you can't be on the dream team if you're gonna go AFK during a match and screw everything up (KING OF PING)

and also, OMC was complaining on vent that his team wasn't even communicating. me and sapphire had been using teamplay binds the whole time, so why didnt he see them? lack of awareness? config issues? can't blame other ppl when you're missing things yourself. and theres no point really in yacking into ventrillo when most of the team isn't on it.

I think i will send OMC some teammplay comms to distribute among the dream team.

anyway, strategy-wise. i think the team needed one last line of defense in the flag room, like a tesla/sentry gun. people were getting past elevator, i was not seeing any incomming alerts to move over and help there, and they were getting into the flagroom with nothing in there to stop them. a tesla or sentry gun would stop them for just those 2 seconds for me to run up behind and pipe them or whatever. and the engineer itself can still defend the main basement so that anyone who gets there doesnt have free reign to lob grenades around the corner at his sentry/tesla

ps. one last thing. the SKIN BUG makes it nearly impossible to defend at times. when everyone turns into base skin, you can't tell at all who or what is running around. I won't ever be able to defend until that skin bug is fixed, it screwed me up a few times that day, causing caps.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:Did we even play it properly? I'm sure blue lost...my ezquake didn't save a final score screen.
I think Blue lost, but we had players AFK, minimal ventrillo use, and some communication issues, but there WERE some rock solid, 'magic moments'.
rincewind wrote:How about next week but on something like "fcast" or "north1"?
Done, let me know what timeslot to put them in!