Non-Solid Sentries

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.

What do you think of non-solid Sentries?

Like them
36%
Don't like them
55%
Don't know
9%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 11

OneManClan
Site Admin

Non-Solid Sentries

Post by OneManClan »

Now that you've played a whole Session with them, what did you think?

TeamXlink

Re: Non-Solid Sentries

Post by TeamXlink »

I liked them.

Your able to position them better because you can go through them and don't have to worry about trapping yourself.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Non-Solids* are next scheduled for April 24th, and I'll invite players to have their say.

Hopefully this forum will be ready for 'the public' then.

OneManClan
ps. I'm referring to this feature as them as 'Non-Solid Sentries' even though it refers to ALL Engineer creations, but I can't think of a simpler way of describing them - any ideas? ''Non-Solids'? 'Non-Solid 'Stuff''?

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

TeamXlink wrote:I liked them.

Your able to position them better because you can go through them and don't have to worry about trapping yourself.
I used to never have to worry about getting stuck in my own dispenser.

I do now.

Sucks. :(

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Beltan wrote:
TeamXlink wrote:I liked them.

I used to never have to worry about getting stuck in my own dispenser.

I do now.

Sucks. :(
Just switch back to a non-melee weapon, and all Engineer equipment becomes non-solid again. I'll edit/add this to the original article

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

It is fun to stack building atop of building, in a totem pole type fashion. Atleast for a laugh.

KING-OF-PING

Post by KING-OF-PING »

I hate the non solid objects. Not being able to build on other objects sometimes is crappy. I use sensors as edges on some maps. End of that now. Blocking a doorway has advantages and disadvantages, but that's part of the game and a normal situation. It's ony fixed an issue of someone purposely blocking teammates. Anyway, I don't like it at all personally.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

KING-OF-PING wrote:I hate the non solid objects. Not being able to build on other objects sometimes is crappy. I use sensors as edges on some maps. End of that now. Blocking a doorway has advantages and disadvantages, but that's part of the game and a normal situation. It's ony fixed an issue of someone purposely blocking teammates. Anyway, I don't like it at all personally.
The 'not being able to build on top of another build' is a different change, unrelated to the non-solid sentries. It was done to solve some issue (bug?) which tbh.. I don't remember what the problem was. Some exploit related to teleporters iirc (?). I agree that it s cool to be able to stack stuff.. if it bothers you I can always have another look at the code.. and see if there's an alternative solution. Hopefully I can find some notes saying why it was changed.