WANTED: Dream Team for 2fort5r RR D

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: WANTED: Dream Team for 2fort5r RR D

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:I might be able to make this Sunday, game two, depending if I can possibly summon the energy of staying up till 1am on a work night. I'm in the UK (obviously) but things get a little easier once I go back to GMT soon.
Yea, I'll be able to sleep in for 1 more hour!
rincewind wrote:If the D Team can get 5 players without me then good. What happened last week? Did the D Team hold out? I can only remember blue getting a few caps and then the red team just chain capped....
D team suffered as a result of only 2 ppl showing up for practice, and others not using ventrillo on the day. However the game was brilliant, there was definitely a flow, and I *know* that 5 guys with some kind of plan, communicating through vent can really blow peoples minds with what they can accomplish.
KING-OF-PING wrote:Who's on the Dream Team? .
Well hopefully whoever is on this thread, and whoever shows up for practice, and whoever is there on the day. I didn't have the Dream Team setting 'on' last week, so anyone could join Blue.
KING-OF-PING wrote:What time is practice?
I *will* pop on at 23:00 GMT Saturday (ie in 10 hours) and see who turns up
KING-OF-PING wrote:I might can help you guys out, unless you want to keep it secret or private.
Well I assumed (hoped!)from the start that KOP and Wolf would be on the D team. Whats the story w ventrillo and centurylink? Is it a low bandwidth issue, or a dropout issue?

Doc

Post by Doc »

OneManClan wrote:Hm, well 3 showed, unless you count doc:
LOL

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Anyone have any thoughts on why they think last week didn't really work for the D-Team?

My opinion is that the players on red were simply just better. Myself switching to lift defence seemed to help for maybe 20 minutes, in which time much to my astonishment we actually started scoring. Eventually red started scoring again, all the traffic going through the corridor on the way to the basement. I switched to basement/flag room defence during the last part of the game but still the caps came.

Admittedly alot of blue energy was wasted in the later half of the game on complaining and arguing.....I'm guilty myself of moaning about a red player doing nothing but camping inside blue re-spawn.

Interesting to note though that the line did hold for atleast 15 minutes. Not a single red cap so its a start. I think organised teams are perhaps the way forward. Next time though......."GURUS ON BLUE!"

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on why they think last week didn't really work for the D-Team?
1. Only three people were communicating
2. The RR plan needs 4 people to work (2 in the RR, one in the upper room, and one in the upper spiral).
rincewind wrote:My opinion is that the players on red were simply just better. Myself switching to lift defence seemed to help for maybe 20 minutes, in which time much to my astonishment we actually started scoring. Eventually red started scoring again, all the traffic going through the corridor on the way to the basement. I switched to basement/flag room defence during the last part of the game but still the caps came.
Red was very good. At one point out of sheer desperation, I said f**k it, "all Blue to the FR now". Thankfully scorpionz came down, and we did manage to slow them down, and thanks to you guys, I was given some breathign space to biuld at the FR itself, like a newb.
rincewind wrote:Admittedly alot of blue energy was wasted in the later half of the game on complaining and arguing.....I'm guilty myself of moaning about a red player doing nothing but camping inside blue re-spawn.
Yea that was irritating, but I always get respawn guard, and let the guy waste his energy.
rincewind wrote:Interesting to note though that the line did hold for atleast 15 minutes. Not a single red cap so its a start. I think organised teams are perhaps the way forward. Next time though......."GURUS ON BLUE!"
Well, I'm for ANY form or organised teamplay. Tomorrow I'm hoping that all Blues will have ventrillo, and we'll stick w a plan. To summarise, the three basic positions are:

2fort5r RR D
D1. Lift (helping out in RR)
D2. RR, with direct line of sight to:
D3. Upper room, taking care of balcony and grid jumpers, and has direct line of sight to
D4. Upper Spiral
D5. FR, who ideally will only deal with pre-damaged Reds.

2fort5r GRID D
D1. Eng w tes over the grid
D2. Under grid -covering the water tunnel entrance
D3. Bridge using the Foyer for cover
D4. Bridge using the Foyer for cover
D5. Balcony to stop rocket jumpers, air fisters

2fort5r FR D ("newbie panic")
D1. Eng in the FR
D2. Lower spiral
D3. Bottom of lift
D4. In the area outside the FR
D5. In the area outside the FR

I'm happy with any variations to these plans. If we alternate between these three I'm (cautiously) confident that Blue can win! OR we can take turns at being the 'general' and giving specific instructions to the other players. As I've said, I'm just as happy to follow 'orders' as to give them, as long as "someone* has a plan, and we're working together and communicating, I'll be happy!

OMC

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

KOP and I enjoyed a small but intense 2fort5r this week. The rest of the D team (not Wolfgang)showed up during game3 ... Anyway, I'm not going to schedule a 2fort5 Dream Team game this week unless people can commit to be there. If its a timeslot issue, we can make it later, or earlier, YOU tell ME.

Game 1: 22:00 GMT
Game 2: 23:00 GMT
Game 3: 00:00 GMT
Game 4: 01:00 GMT

I'll go first:
OneManClan - available all 4 slots

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Same issue as always I suppose. The first game for me starts at the crazy hour of 23:00. The Dream Team game would of been a midnight starting time for me.....unlike Sapphire and probably the odd European (??) I have to get up at 7am.

The DT doesn't have to be fixed anyway. I did say my position in it was only temporary. Plenty of good players who should join it....I could name some names but I don't think they could deal with the pressure :twisted: