WANTED: Dream Team for 2fort5r RR D

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Beltan

Re: WANTED: Dream Team for 2fort5r RR D

Post by Beltan »

I'll cover Engy position, but I have a couple questions for you Dreamers and an idea or two I am keen on trying. I had typed a whole section but when I tried to submit it made me re-log in and it erased everything I had typed :evil:

Captain, can we get a private thread?

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

For the record, a post was deleted on this thread which was unrelated to the topic. I'm not sure what section is appropriate for bitching about players, but definitely not this one. Repost if you must, maybe in the 'Weekly AGR Sessions' but please make sure there is a point being made beyond just grieving someone, thanks.

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

we need tanky dm proven solder, with big skill - ra3?

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Hello TF'ers. So when do we get to test this almighty dream team then? How about the next session coming up?
I'm curious how an ultra organized defence or attack would stand up...
An unofficial test this sunday then?

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:Hello TF'ers. So when do we get to test this almighty dream team then? How about the next session coming up?
I'm curious how an ultra organized defence or attack would stand up...
An unofficial test this sunday then?
Hey Rince,

Just read your post, so it's too late for this Sunday, in any case the Dream Team hasn't had 1 practice Session yet, I think we're still 1 short. If you become Number 5, we're set to go. We did play (non DreamTeam) 2fort5r today, and it was good, though frustrating because (typically) noone STAYED in their spots. Moments of greatness, and moments of Red entering and exiting via an empty RR (ugh).

Do we need a practice session? If people agree to stay in their zones, and we coordinate our classes* we might not even need one.

OMC
*ie as long as eg we dont have 2 engies, or 2 knifers etc.
ps, an alternative to RR D can be Foyer D, which we can also practice in case RR falls, just to mess with their heads.

FOYER D, D = Defender
D1. Engy w tesla over the grid
D2 Under the grid, and taking care of Water invaders
D3. In actual foyer, aroudn the corner from D2 (so as to avoid directly damaging him)
D4. On balcony, to stop balcony jumpers(?)
D5. FR insurance policy, in case someone slips through

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

I'd be happy to join the DT for a one off session. If 2fort5 is to be the map that the team is tested on then that's a tall order.

My suggestions:

- 2 in RR, preferably 2 soldiers or 1 soldier and 1 eng
- 1 in spiral preferably a demoman or knifer
- 1 in basement as red WILL get through. Pref a hybrid class of demo/eng or sol/eng
- 1 roaming, the best player on the team. Chasing red and providing backup. This player patrols the blue base going where needed. Most likely covering the sniper deck entrance and grill.

Communication and good working strategy a must. Without meaning to cause offence this DT will be going up against far better DM'ing players so any chance of winning wont depend on individuals.

So OMC, organise it for this session then! Just not first map though :-)

Who are the other DT members again?

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

rincewind wrote:- 2 in RR, preferably 2 soldiers or 1 soldier and 1 eng
- 1 in spiral preferably a demoman or knifer
- 1 in basement as red WILL get through. Pref a hybrid class of demo/eng or sol/eng
- 1 roaming, the best player on the team. Chasing red and providing backup. This player patrols the blue base going where needed. Most likely covering the sniper deck entrance and grill.
Yes, i agree, but what is players limit for blues?
Teleporting hacker is essential!!! Tele to basement or somewhere is essential!!! For quick access in case of Full defs or any defending need. Play responsable on your spot, dont rely on more experinced teammates, help teammates if they'a are asking to. Feel the team spots, be flexible, trick enemy, be cruel, roaming player have to look for teles is they will use it, play very careful, smoke weed.

See ya, BTW what is the date of this event.
2 all i intsalled FRAPS and now i'm 100% able to make good quality podcast and stuff

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

OMC, organize a date for this. Have it this Sunday. If not then just get 5 gurus to defend against everyone else.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:OMC, organize a date for this. Have it this Sunday. If not then just get 5 gurus to defend against everyone else.
Ok this Sunday - Game 2.
Rincewind's plan sounds good.
I think 5 Blues using vent, who have a plan B, and who can arrange 1 practice session before the game (just to clarify our positions) will be able to D against 10+ reds!

How about we all meet at the server 24 hours earlier, just for 30 mins - Saturday 3rd September, 23:00 GMT?

OMC

TeamXlink

Post by TeamXlink »

Sure, I'll be there, it is the same time as the AGR games accept on Saturday right?