Dune 2 Strategy

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
TeamXlink

Dune 2 Strategy

Post by TeamXlink »

Well, we played a game on dune2 a long while back that stuck out to me as one of the "funnest" games of AGR I've ever played.

I've been thinking of a strategy, and I think its possible to have blue get a perfect score and a red never even touches the flag.

It would be "Base Defense".

The square overhang that overlooks the water would have engineer builds in it, the path to get there is so narrow its perfect for an ambushing warlock. Monsters in the Flag Room and out front. With people in the water room, I think its possible.

Well, now that I look at what I typed and look at the time, I don't know why I typed it, its 6 am, Sunday morning and I haven't slept since Thursday night, but yeah.

Good night.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Dune 2 Strategy

Post by OneManClan »

Hey TeamX.

The prob is Red dropping down the hole, throwing grens and dets from there, AND grappling back up to escape with the flag without ever seeing the lower sections of Blues base. So the tunnel has to be closed for as long as possible, and if blown/open, it needs full time Blues up/in there. There's a nice spot overlooking the RR where I like to build teslas/SGs, so they can double up as RR D. A couple of mines, in that tunnel can work wonders! :)

dan halen

Post by dan halen »

dune2 is a great map, many things are possible there =)

Bruce Leeroy

Post by Bruce Leeroy »

Dune2 is a defensive nightmare. I've never seen a perfect score in AGR or in regular CTF. I have seen excellent defensive; however, it requires two good snipers, a fast engy, demoman, and a few soldiers. One sniper was at the front entrance while the other was at the cave entrance. The engy focused on the flag. The demoman focused on the entrances. At least 2 soldiers ran around an played guard. Everybody focused on getting the flag. The snipers are the key to good defense in this game.

Bruce

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Bruce Leeroy wrote:Dune2 is a defensive nightmare. I've never seen a perfect score in AGR or in regular CTF. I have seen excellent defensive; however, it requires two good snipers, a fast engy, demoman, and a few soldiers. One sniper was at the front entrance while the other was at the cave entrance. The engy focused on the flag. The demoman focused on the entrances. At least 2 soldiers ran around an played guard. Everybody focused on getting the flag. The snipers are the key to good defense in this game.

Bruce
Sniper in the side tunnel ..... VERY interesting Bruce.
Q1: Where would the snipers stand? Sniper1 in the RR facing the RR entrance (via the foyer)? Sniper2 *in* the tunnel facing the entrance(where you have to turn left)?
Q2: If Sniper2 dies, it might take him 20 seconds to get back into position, longer if he dies on the way. Would one of the soldiers be in the tunnel as well, as backup/support? Or a demoman?

If you like, we can test this as a Dream-Team game - 6 organised defenders vs all comers. We can plan the exact strategy here(ie in this thread), and I can make it so that only those on the dream team can join Blue. I'm happy to play any role you like, though w my ping, eng would make most sense.

Who's in? :twisted:

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

OneManClan wrote: Who's in? :twisted:
C'mon dudes - sign up! A bunch of new players have just recently discovered this forum - where are you all? The words "Science and Artistry" at the top of this page are there for a reason!

Bruce, if you want to take charge of this dune1 team, count me in! Let me know where you want me to be, and what you want me to do. That's 2 people. We need 3(?) more - where are you TFers of the year 2011? We can DO THIS! AGR is the mod for these TF stress tests; we have the server, we have the players, and ''Dream-Team' mode is coded and ready - only those on the DreamTeam will join Blue/Red.

Let's get it on!

OMC
ps. If you want to be part of the Fabulous Five (hey is that a better name than Dream Team?) please add your name via this thread
pps "Ferocious Five"...?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Dune for the Month of June?