Idea about cameras

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
OfteN

Idea about cameras

Post by OfteN »

Hello,

I had this idea many years ago, but never looked into it.

Security cams are pretty useless currently, they should report spies, without uncovering them tho...

Tell me what you think!

OfteN

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Idea about cameras

Post by OneManClan »

OfteN wrote:Hello,
Security cams are pretty useless currently, they should report spies, without uncovering them tho...
Tell me what you think!
You have a point, they are pretty useless. Though on maps with multiple paths they are good for letting a Blue defender know where a Red is. I suppose if they just said the persons name without saying that they are a spy might be ok. The thing that concerns me about security cameras is how hard they are to destroy. Hm.

OneManClan
ps. Spies already have to deal with monsters and the fact that their own teammates can't tell them apart from the enemy. Maybe the fact they they are so hard to destroy makes up for their limited usefulness (?)

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

Cameras should be eliminated completely. If you want to keep the camera functionality, just add it to the Motion Sensor.

Hacking should be a little bit faster for Motion Sensors

On the subject of the Hacking (Cybernet) skill, ICE should be a two-level process instead of 3 levels. Level 1 = cannot be dismantled, longer hacks, level 2 = ICE Retaliation Blast, additional health and ammo.

"Upgrades From Frags" should cost less upgrade units (reduce cost to 3) and should give an upgrade *EVERY KILL*

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Maybe the cameras could shoot invisible flares, that stick to players (only), keeping them lit up for some time.