Oppo

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Oppo

Post by Jonan »

I have asked in the past for oppose2.bsp (https://quakerepo.net/fortress/maps/oppose2.zip) to be played, and perhaps it is too large, like OMC has said. However, I don't think all is lost for it. So, what I've done is given it the sewer1j.bsp treatment.

(1) I've moved the flag(s) to the middle bit. You can use the teleport in the enemy bases' battlement, or RJ / grapple / etc up there.
(2) Capture point, is now in the old flag room.
(3) Push trigger by water path, is disabled.
(4) Detpack / Spanner path still enabled.
(5) Security boards still enabled.

I think this could work out nicely, as everyone will already know the oppose1.bsp base layout.

OMC, I'll email you oppo.bsp

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Oppo

Post by OneManClan »

Interesting. Consider however.. 'standard' AGR gameplay means that Red has two tasks:
A: get to the flag
B: get out with the flag

So Blue get 2 chances to stop Reds,
A: on the way in, and (if that fails)
B: on the way out.

Giving Red the flag outside the base means that Red has one task, keep moving the flag forward. Even if they fail, the flag gets given to them, 'unearned'. Too tough for Blue.

Talking of sewer1p, a lot of Reds (most?) grapple/rj to the flag area. So it also becomes a 'single journey' for Red. sewer1p might actually be better if the upper area was enclosed (or at least more difficult/time consuming to use to access the flag), so red *had* to use the spiral.

My main issue w oppose2 has always been the additional entrance to the rr (can it can be detted closed?), making a total of 4 doorways a (potentially) solo blue defender has to defend - impossible unless there's (at least) a second blue in the rr.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Oppose2 path is detable to remove rubble, to get access to the door, the door itself is for an engineer to open.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

With sewer1j and oppo, while you might be able to get the flag relatively quickly, and hard to defend from the front. Each time the flag is dropped, red will have to travel further and further to get it. Instead of the travel time getting shorter and shorter, like typical CTF / AGR style maps.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I think there is only really one way to see how it plays out.

We still manage to play that map with the water access right into the flag room.