Castle Tussle

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Castle Tussle

Post by Jonan »

Made a new map (emailed to you OMC).

Make your way through the rocky canyons, to the castle, head inside, to the throne room and grab the flag, bring back to your own castle, and capture on your throne.

Features:
Scattered respawns throughout your own castles.
Scattered resup packs.
Multiple overlapping paths.
Hidden supplies.
Retractable drawbridge.
Numerous places to hide and ambush from.
Extra paths can be opened.

Jonan

Re: Castle Tussle

Post by Jonan »

General consensus seems to be it is too large. I thought it was comparable to tf2k, rock2, sewer1, brave1 in terms of travel time.

However, I would be willing to cut back the middle, make it more suitable for our normal level of players.

Likewise the outside area could be turned into a map of sorts.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Image Could make a nice map too.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Made an attack vs defence version. Red's base is now just in the outside area. Blue have the castle. OMC I've sent you the map, cassie.bsp (first email upload seemed dodgy, best to go with that second one)

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I'll send you another version of cassie.bsp. Called cass_dbf.bsp. This is Cassie Castle (Drawbridge Fix). The 3 drawbridges will now only retract after taking 1000 damage each. This should let players control the drawbridge if they desire too, with the Assault Canon for example. Once retracted, it will stay like that for 3 seconds, then slowly return (you could start attacking it whilst it's retracting). I think this should balance out the concerns with the drawbridges functionality.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:I'll send you another version of cassie.bsp. Called cass_dbf.bsp. This is Cassie Castle (Drawbridge Fix). The 3 drawbridges will now only retract after taking 1000 damage each. This should let players control the drawbridge if they desire too, with the Assault Canon for example. Once retracted, it will stay like that for 3 seconds, then slowly return (you could start attacking it whilst it's retracting). I think this should balance out the concerns with the drawbridges functionality.
Got it, thanks! (its 4am, ill check it out tomorrow )