Skyscraper map reviews & feedback

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Skyscraper map reviews & feedback

Post by OneManClan »

What did u guys think?!??

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Skyscraper map reviews & feedback

Post by OneManClan »

Ugh i just realised that (my fault) ppl were not receiving the pk3 - so NOONE saw the textures!!!

Man... ppl were saying 'its all white' and I thought they had contarst set too high. it wasnt until Navigator sent me a screenshot that I realised the textures weren't being displayed!

It should look like THIS:

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

1. added extra respawn points
2. added a beam so blue can get to the FR easier

Was frustrating today because once a Blue flag carrier has goen up the lift, it's impossible to get to the rooftops stop them, because the ONLY access is that one yellow lift....

2nd lift?
or.. something else?
Blue literally can't get to the cap spot... unless they take that one (heavily defended) plat..

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Here's my youtube post for you.

(1) More Spawns, telefrags suck, and protection glitches it. Perhaps at other places too.
(2) Team Packs. Don't put the free supplies in open spawns, this makes it tempting for camping. Could be moved into the middle of the map though.
(3) Perhaps some cover when you spawn, you really shouldn't be getting attacked while you spawn. Likewise defenders should have to come out of their own spawn to be part of the game.
(4) Check your brushes at the bottom of the buildings. Some weren't acting solid. There was also a spot where you could see outside the map.
(5) Perhaps a couple more lifts.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Here's my youtube post for you.

(1) More Spawns, telefrags suck, and protection glitches it. Perhaps at other places too.
done
Jonan wrote:(2) Team Packs. Don't put the free supplies in open spawns, this makes it tempting for camping. Could be moved into the middle of the map though.
Yes. Good idea. Might out them in some of the (currently) unused buildings, make for some more varied battle areas.
Jonan wrote:(3) Perhaps some cover when you spawn, you really shouldn't be getting attacked while you spawn. Likewise defenders should have to come out of their own spawn to be part of the game.
Yes, makes sense. Some shielded area w multiple exits, to protect against respawn campers.
Jonan wrote:(4) Check your brushes at the bottom of the buildings. Some weren't acting solid. There was also a spot where you could see outside the map.
Ah, havent noticed it. Whereabouts? ('Impulse 225' gives you your origin)
Jonan wrote:(5) Perhaps a couple more lifts.
Yes, it was clear this week that Blue was simply unable to get to the cap area, the only option was the (heavily guarded) yellow lift.

Thanks Jonan. I'm workin on a 'new and improved' version.

Btw did your screen look like mine?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

What's the file name of the map? Can't seem to find it in my maps folder.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:What's the file name of the map? Can't seem to find it in my maps folder.
First version played was: me_lighttest6b
Last version played (today) was: me_lighttest6g.

There might be (test) demos for earlier versions but I deleted the maps because the gameplay wasn't 'AGR-worthy'. I'm currently doing a major rewrite (up to me_lighttest8).