Braveheart Alternate Entities.

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Braveheart Alternate Entities.

Post by Jonan »

OMC, I've sent you agr_brav.bsp if you could kindly upload to your server.

I've done the following...

(1) Added 4 extra (and weaker) packs for blue to use while defending. Two in the flag room, one in the ramp room, and one in the table room. The extra packs give 50 Red armor, 50 shells, 50 nails, 25 rockets, 50 cells, 1 of each grenades, and respawn every 2 seconds.

(2) I've doubled the classic red spawns, in the spawn rooms. 16 -> 32. I've also added 3 out the front of the red base, near the Union Jack. 7 more red spawns inside of the blue cells.

Red should now have a 32/42 chance (76%) to spawn in the classic spawns. 3/42 chance (7%) out the front. 7/42 chance (17%) in the blue cells.

Hopefully this will make the map more action packed, and viable to play on a more regular basis.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Braveheart Alternate Entities.

Post by OneManClan »

Thanks Jonan!

Anything that makes the magnificent braveheart playable again will be much appreciated!

I've had this idea of adding (permanent) teleporters, for both teams, to cut down on the (ridiculous) travel time of maps like braveheart. I started making these GTA style ones:

ImageGTA-tele by Adonis_Paradise, on Flickr

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I've come up with another entity set for Braveheart.

It's called Bombheart (2b1aj.bsp) (I'll send the files to you shortly OMC).

It features new gameplay...

First of all you have to take the Bomb/Flag from the front (Main Entrance) of their base, and capture it in their Throne Room. 10 points, much in the vain of rock2, sewer1j etc.

Detpacking the grates in the water entrance will now give 2 points to the team who would want it open. Careful detpacking your own ones.

Additional team packs are placed around to help out, 7 second respawns. Neutral pack in the jail, with a 70 second respawn.

Standing near/on thrones will either reward your team 2 armor and 2 health per 2 seconds, or the other one will remove 1 armor per 3 seconds to the enemy team. These will work in either throne room, for either team. Handy for AFKers to sit there.

Bomb/Flag has a 90 second return time to give players a chance to get it again, even if defenders are speeding up the return.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

OneManClan wrote:Thanks Jonan!

I've had this idea of adding (permanent) teleporters, for both teams, to cut down on the (ridiculous) travel time of maps like braveheart. I started making these GTA style ones:

You could have them in the prison cells, either one way, or can't teleport with goal item.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Those are the 2 versions I sent you. Should look into them.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Damn, we played braveheart today, and I COMPLETELY FORGOT about the Jonan Edit! Grrrr!
Sorry man .. let's try it next week!

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I might have to just cut map in half. Remove all the outside area.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 pm
I might have to just cut map in half. Remove all the outside area.
fantastic idea.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Bah, can't be done. Where the middle yard part is runs right next to each throne room.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Potentially cut a small piece out and have them closer as the are kind of an L shape when not including the yard. Would be a bit of effort for small reward though.