Rock2 Generator.

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Rock2 Generator.

Post by Jonan »

OMC, I remember we were looking at rock2 (and your version), looking at ways to improve it. Such a great map, hard to do.

However, in TF, with default ents on rock2, you could damage the generator, to take force field down, knock out lights, and get 2 points.

It wouldn't be that hard to tweak the generator going down, so it's directly linked to the warden's office. That way, you'd have to attack generator, to gain access (for x mins) to the key then, get key, to try to cap.

I'd love to see the scoring come back for the generator and the yard too. You used to get points for closing rubble too.

All of this could be used to encourage blue to hold the yard more, and get us to utilize more of the map.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Rock2 Generator.

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:...tweak the generator going down, so it's directly linked to the warden's office. That way, you'd have to attack generator, to gain access (for x mins) to the key then, get key, to try to cap.
I don't follow. How would attacking the generator 'gain access' to the key in the wardens office?
Jonan wrote:I'd love to see the scoring come back for the generator and the yard too. You used to get points for closing rubble too. All of this could be used to encourage blue to hold the yard more, and get us to utilize more of the map.
Dunno about scoring points (for non flag capping/defending activities), but I do agree that Blue need to hold the yard more, at least have someone stalling red at the wardens side doorway, to keep the pressure off warden side engineers .. ie *me*! :)

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

OneManClan wrote:
I don't follow. How would attacking the generator 'gain access' to the key in the wardens office?

The book case "door" could be tied to the generator damage trigger.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

OneManClan wrote:Dunno about scoring points (for non flag capping/defending activities), but I do agree that Blue need to hold the yard more, at least have someone stalling red at the wardens side doorway, to keep the pressure off warden side engineers .. ie *me*! :)
Used to be...

Attackers used to get 2 points for the yard, the tunnel / rubble, and the generator (each).
Defenders used to get 2 points for closing the tunnel / rubble.
15 points for a capture.

Perhaps a 1 point bonus could be put back in.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Perhaps add a teleporter to both generator rooms. This would atleast speed up the travel time, and make the generator room worth going to.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Perhaps add a teleporter to both generator rooms. This would atleast speed up the travel time, and make the generator room worth going to.
Great idea! OR.... maybe make it so that IF the generator powers down, the jail cell doors open, and the enemy spawns in the cells (or something)!?

.. (I still wish the jail cells were somehow involved in rock2 gameplay)