Sewer1 Entity Update

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Sewer1 Entity Update

Post by Jonan »

I've been tinkering with sewer1.bsp and have made a few alterations which I think could really help game flow for 4 v 4 or more. (OneManClan, I'll email you a copy of sewer1j.bsp)

First off, I'm a huge fan of Rock2 and Sewer1, but it seems harder to get a game of Sewer1 going. I think that comes down to the map size. However, Rock2 is equally huge, but it avoids you having to go back to your base. One trip could lead to another capture, and another. This also keeps most of the action on the blue side, in AGR.

So what I've done.
(1) Moved the Flags to where the classic Capture Point is.
(2) Moved the Capture Point to where the classic enemy Flag is.

With (1) and (2) in mind now, you grab the flag from the front of the base, and take it deep into their sewers.

Ideally the water will offer your team mates protection from the capture death. (I assume this is a server setting, OMC?)

Now, weakened reds can now make a second run on the flag. Keeping the action flowing. With just (1) and (2), this would make it pretty tough to defend.
So, I've changed a few more things to help defenders out.

(3) Team Coloured Packs now grant you 50 Red Armour, 25 Health, 25 Medkit, 50 Shells, 50 Nails, 10 Rockets, 50 Cells, 1 Grenade Type 1, 1 Grenade Type 2. Packs spawning in team respawn areas have a respawn of 1 second. Those outside of respawns have 10 second respawn.
(4) The 10 second packs can be found in the following locations : Water entrance's exit, the new capture area, below the flag, spiral, water entrance, wall entrance, the bricks (before the water fall). This should hopefully help defenders enough, and hold a variety of positions. Defending on the outside is now viable, and needed.
(5) 2 secret neutral 10 second packs.
(6) Secret Blast Armour has been changed to regular Red Armour, secret door will stay down once detpacked.
(7) Detpack pick up has been changed into a 20 second pack, with 1 detpack, 50 rockets, 1 grenade type 1, 1 grenade type 2, 10 red armour, 5 health, 5 medkit. Anyone can pick up.
(8) Push Trigger from Water Entrance's Exit has been removed.
(9) Upon capture the flag, you get get topped up with 1 packs worth of supplies.

Hopefully we can give this a try, and it all works out nicely! ;)

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Sewer1 Entity Update

Post by OneManClan »

Some really really interesting ideas here. Definitely interested in giving this a go ... This weekend!!

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Loved it!

Instant classic!

Can't wait to play it again!

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Worked out nicely. It seemed to help attackers cluster up. Defenders probably need to be more organised to counter. Scores weren't too crazy either side too. I'd be interested to see what defence could be applied to the water entrance, very narrow.

While I was hoping for chain caps from water protection, it played well without that.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Worked out nicely. It seemed to help attackers cluster up.
yes.. all attackers to the flag .. and then all attackers to the cap point.
Also blues get 2 chances to stop reds - intercept reds on reds way to the flag, and when red have the flag and going towards the cap point - both conveniently located within the blue base. Its a TERRIFFIC setup for maximum action - ie what AGR is all about! :)[/quote]
Jonan wrote:Defenders probably need to be more organised to counter. Scores weren't too crazy either side too. I'd be interested to see what defence could be applied to the water entrance, very narrow.
Not sure what you mean. Most of the time (as Red) I went back into the base after getting the flag .. so any water entrance D can be bypassed; though I suppose Red could drop it down to the front, and access the cap area via the water path... so many options..
Jonan wrote:While I was hoping for chain caps from water protection, it played well without that.
Yea. Thanks again Jonan. Imho sewer1j is the new, definitive sewer.

ps how did you make the extra little 'alcove' (?) on the left path (from reds POV)? Kinda under the flags position.. did you decompile/recompile the entire map?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I only reworked the ents. No brush work. If I decompile / recompile, brushes are not aligned very well. There was a few on 2fort5bb, and I'd need to place the light ents again. Not something I like to do. So I avoid this if I can.

That little alcove was always there, the resup pack wasn't though.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

I wonder if something similar could be done to say z7, canalzon, invade4a, for example.

I'll look into it at some point.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Any idea what happened today with the server crash?