Quality of games VS dickhead's sabotage

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
sapphired

Quality of games VS dickhead's sabotage

Post by sapphired »

Hello, everybody in da Ramp Room of primed gren.

OMC, i'm not interested in playing on your server then one or tow players intentionally ruins the game and interest to plya amazing mathes.
I'm not complaining to those ppl, they might be just real retards or have some point of viewers, adult kids with mental problems or just short dick forever aloner's like Doc or whatever, but one i know for sure they did it intentionally and you OMC due some kindness and a bit stupidity not able to resist their attacks, not able to response to their destructing activity.

No really working restriction methods. Ignore works just for one session, player can chage his name, reconnect. None, Absolute. retards still have not-game related chat during the game, still use bots, DDOS attacks, pretending newbies etc in order to troll and attrackt attention or just simple revenge to OMC's past :D I mean the age of Custom TF and phonix server. Anyhow games become crashed, people loose interest, OMC is talking 30 minutes in very polite manner with crazy, doped kid Cloud. Those retards just have fun on you, foolish saying 'i'll be a good boy' and your OMC cannot handle with that anymore.

So, or you gonna make real restriction based on rules that if player intentionally ruins the game by: 1. 2. 3. etc. 10 he get banned for a period, arrested - ie able join but with certain restrictions like muted and can carry only simple weapons or just his black soil flyes like a camera whatever. But better way is to ban by ip, ip change and admin reveled you - go to 2 month ban.

If you'll not make such rules, personally i'll go away and then some players may leave and you will play only with stupid, mad people. And people will play MEGA TF.

No restriction = Dickheads sabotage paradize = Game over = People Quit . I'll quit first.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Quality of games VS dickhead's sabotage

Post by OneManClan »

Hey Sapph.

I appreciate your concern over people trying to ruin games. Please don't get confused. Just because I don't discuss the problem openly does not mean that I "don't care", or that I don't follow through on emails people send me. It's true that during games I'm 100% focused on the action, and can't see everything that happens. But I do poay attention to what the trusted players tell me, read the emails concerned players send me (thanks guys!), and watch demos to confirm anything that looks deliberate, or breaches any of the AGR Terms and Conditions.

The fact is, a person was banned on January 15th 'until further notice', for breaching rules 8,9 and 11; a confirmed sabotage attempt, and for impersonating another player. I'd rather not mention names because I don't want to give him (or the fact that such people exist) any more 'attention'.

If I come across as too 'polite', then I hope that it means people can trust me that when I ban someone, it's because I have good reason. No-one gets banned on a whim, or because of my ego. I try everything I can do to reason with players, and give them the benefit of the doubt, and yes, I'm sure at least one has taken advantage of this.. but that's ok, I can tell you that I am 100% committed to making the Weekly AGR Sessions 'dickhead-free', hence the detailed Terms and Conditions, and of course the 'trusted players' registry.

The registration system is specifically intended to provide 'quality control' for players, and so far, is (imho) working amazingly well, regular players are unaffected; new players and nonamers can still connect, but unless they send me an email and get 'registered' they are considered 'untrusted', and have limitations on what they can do. Registering is free, so unless someone has some psychological issues about using the same name, there is no excuse. History has taught us that players who insist on anonymity are invariably troublemakers, so I think the registration system is very fair, and working great.

Thanks for the feedback.

OMC
ps. I agree about the mute problem only working for one game, that code is pre-AGR.. I'm working on a solution, limiting how often non-registered players can talk; if the chat-spammer IS registered, i can always email them asking them to "please STFU", if they can't control themselves they can be de-registered themselves...
pps. in the case of players intentionally trying to ruin games, what is a reasonable ban period? I might make a new poll..

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

This "dickhead" sabotage is really down to 2 maybe 3 players.

A few things that might help:

:arrow: Ignore these players :twisted: . Sapph, your a prime target for these "dickheads" to wind up. You stop playing, engage them in the chat console with pointless arguments and thus distract others who in turn stop playing to read it. I can appreciate that sometimes ignoring is impossible though.

:arrow: Also and I'm not sure everyone would agree but constant enemy re-spawn camping is against server rules on most servers for a reason. It might be effective against noobs but it's distracting and ultimately takes away a much needed defender. Why is it still allowed here? How many times I've skipped into blue base with not a defender in sight meanwhile in my own base there is a firefight going on between half my team and a spawn camper. Anything goes....or is it just proof that some people are taking the piss.

:arrow: Realising that the community is tiny and working together. Old rivalries are pointless. Drop your grudges and lets just play some QuakeTF together.

:-)

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

:arrow: Ignore these players :twisted: . Sapph, your a prime target for these "dickheads" to wind up.
So u kinda telling me not to feed a troll a be good boy? Yes i know the rule. Its like u telling me to be patient while u got dick in ass. Nice tip.
I joined AGR in 2009 cause like OMC's concept of of public custom tf matches where one side is defending and other attacking. It makes games more interesting and prolongs TF life as a mod, bring games to a new level. You know OMC's server is kinda private and only OMC is the king of the rules. We just play and yes some have influence on OMC, but.

It's not about Dochead's like a person i don't even care who is this guy is and why he behave in such way, yes, motive are known but its kinda psychology and stuff.
In the game he is a person who intentionally spoil the game, troll people, making destruction, lies, having fun, so its like a way of life - you can join AGR and troll people on Sundays and have fun, try it. And you can do it many ways, you can do it a such and such manner and nobody ban or kick you . It's funny indeed. What and why people do it - its not a point of this topic. The point is he do it intentionally, yes next day he might be silent, foolish people that he is 'normal', play well etc. But you dont see him and that is the point of trolling and getting tons lols.

But normal players suffer. I join every week to play good competitive, interesting matches but otherwise i got confused by non-game related chat, camping re-spaws, adding fake players, many smart harm by abusing people, AGR, using dirty long names, changing names during the game in order to avoid 'ignore' - making other shit. OMC know it well, but i understand OMC he can't ban Dochead cause it's not polite and can hurt retard/troll soul - this is what Doc waiting - be banned by OMC = epic WIN :lol: . On other side server rules DOESNOT work at all, neither ignore, nor registered concept. Cause OMC have no resources to make this, so i think players should accept AGR session like it is now. No really any claims to OMC in this point. Doc is troll, yes he find nice place to troll, cool. Attract attention in any way :D like a young virgin girl or retard kid. It's not adult behavior. Its spy/troll games then someone told Cloud make flood/ddos attack on server and when make long-live voice ventrillo OMC's trolling. Kid games. And you guys accepted it lik or not. You accept Dochead dick in your ass and it's ok :shock: :lol: Feed him by passive ignoring) yes he is camping spawn in order to help team mates..sure)

If you think i'm kinda raged or something - NO, no way 8-) . Just don't want to play on server with no really working rules. Better go to play quakelive/warsaw/wow or something. And you still talk with Docheads) :D

So the point is about ONLY server rules. I play quakelive TDM/CTF on PUBLIC :D servers and its kinda same guys 20-30 years old..but there is no trolling, people ACCEPT the rules and its not possible be second Doc on quakelive, cause you been kicked by players vote in a 5 seconds. So imagine, on public server everyone play and no complaints at all. NONE. People enjoying play with same people and no one is abused or complaining, no one can spoil games. Guess why? cause rules really works! Yes people still troling due warm up and its kinda fun, yes they use words 'faggot' and other but its ok in warm up = intermission.
You stop playing, engage them in the chat console with pointless arguments and thus distract others who in turn stop playing to read it. I can appreciate that sometimes ignoring is impossible though.
Yes, cause i cannot ignore command (mute) him. You know i've already know - this Dick is intentionally spoiling the game in any way, Yes he can be good boy for some period, but when its starts. Its not a point of person but the GAME QUALITY. And i dont play with peole ho behave in such way. So the point of view explained.
:arrow: Also and I'm not sure everyone would agree but constant enemy re-spawn camping is against server rules on most servers for a reason. It might be effective against noobs but it's distracting and ultimately takes away a much needed defender. Why is it still allowed here? How many times I've skipped into blue base with not a defender in sight meanwhile in my own base there is a firefight going on between half my team and a spawn camper. Anything goes....or is it just proof that some people are taking the piss.
guess OMC (better) and I know the real reasons why Dickhead do it. But its great attention to a person - better do something else when fighting with windmills. AGR with those rules is good place for trolling, yes. So the main point - its not about Dickhead - its more about the rules. May be its ok. Cause Dickhead is a part of community. So if u accept it go on, on and on. I quit.
:arrow: Realising that the community is tiny and working together. Old rivalries are pointless. Drop your grudges and lets just play some QuakeTF together.
:lol: I'll better play something else untill server rules do not work.

haze

Post by haze »

I've missed the last 3 weeks so I don't know exactly what's been going on. But I sympathize with sapphire a bit due to what i've seen in the past.

This is not a bash on OMC< but I do agree that during a game, he doesn't always seem to be on the pulse of what else is going on around him in his own server. For example it doesn't take more than a few seconds to notice a teammate who is there just to troll / conc/ emp own teammates. Even after complaints it takes OMC a long time to take any action on things, if at all.

I've played tons of organized games, If you're an admin who is also playing the game, you need to be able to stop what you're doing immediately and address situations as they happen. Not 5-10-15 minutes later after multiple people are whining about it in chat. And especially not AFTER the game by sending some emails asking for more details. Its your game and your server and you should be responsible for knowing whats going on during the game and not be afraid to take action Now. But because its your game and your server, you can really do whatever you want and nobody can make you do otherwise, because we're playing on your terms. That's the reality of it.

I don't really mind doc's spawn camping, especially since there is no rule against it- fair game. 95/100 times i just airfist away unharmed. But I do agree that it often causes half of my red teammates to get stuck fighting him for most of the game and hardly get a decent attack on blue. It's kind of a testament to how horrible some players still are after 10 years of playing. You can't adapt your game to avoid 1 person? I think that's where doc gets his fun out of it. Showing some oldtimers how bad they really are and maybe they should just adjust in whatever way they have to. I mean even if you can't bunnyhop, buy spawn protection for basically free and use a Sprint ability, congrats you just passed doc effortlessly.

As for the other guy he is absolutely nuts and just looking for attention, can't be taken seriously. should just be perm-banned.

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Sapph, I'm really not sure how to take some of what you say as it's difficult to work out what you mean. Your English whilst functional is full of odd grammar mistakes but alas I'm not going to complain because I certainly don't speak your native language.

However I think we can both agree with each other when we say certain player/s need the appropriate action taking against them more regularly and like Haze mentions...perhaps a little faster on OMC's part.

If you don't want to take my advice on ignoring players suit yourself sir. Feed their fire. You will end up quitting like many have done before and ultimately the "troll" has met an objective. Compared to most you are relatively new Sapph and probably don't have experience of the many conflicting politics of CuTF and the checkered history of AGR amongst certain groups of players (myself included).
You have done the right thing though by coming here and bringing it to people's attention (even though I'm well aware of it).
Here's to more action and less inaction!

<haze> Agreed with pretty much everything. Players like us, Doc isn't a problem but still having the other half of your noob team out of action does not promote team play. Like I said, this sort of thing is not allowed on most servers.

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

-mirror damage sucks

Totally agree. Have it for unregistered players exclusively. What's more, it no longer works properly. It's a broken concept that should only be left in place if there is no admin around most the time but as we all know OMC is present 99% of the time.

I like Spamadellica Sundays because mirror is off although having team damage off aswell kinda ruins it for me.

In answer to your search for competitive games Saph. Join the "Dream Team".

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Weekly AGR Session: 26th Feb 2012

Criminal record for Doc [personal abuse censored by OMC] another act of sabotaging. I think u liked it very much guys. But i dont blame him, [personal insult censored by OMC].

"1st map gg, but at the end sabotaged by Doc (nickname Rookie) by playing as blue spy and priming gas grenades to teammates that affects on score and players morale. Using fake names, pretending to be other players etc.

Thanks you Doc that you spoil another game. Actually your sabotage affected on every game from past 3 years. Ppl too shy to tell you that u are really asshole and need to be banned permanently.

If you still sabotaging every game and noone ban you, i should quit playing AGR cause it become completely place for such dick heads like you are. And OMC should realize if one true player leaves it affects on whole server audience. So if you want one person called Doc ruin your mod as act of revenge and stupidity go on – allow Doc play every week and make harm. And soon you OMC will be playing Mega Tf matches that are no sense at all like TF mod, its just stupid ffa TF on Saturdays. Doc and his crazy friends)"

2 OMC Take a look (screenshot from FB) how Mega TF guys trying to solve trolls problem on Meag TF server and you OMC still kind
http://gyazo.com/7abd941b916d3e91513985 ... 1330332419

OMC should realize that banning 1-2 players can bring game to quality level and avoid headaches. It's normal and democratic.

Some facts about Doc, taken from his FB page[link removed by OMC]
  • "I'm not gonna have a meeting of the minds with you, cause apparently you don't have one."
    "a man in a diaper can't be wrong."
    "Doc, your knifing was awesome. Watching demos make me laugh a lot"
    "you're just like those egyptians throwing rocks... not really doing anything, but still annoying. but i still love you. you're a true soldier."
    "you are cruel and unusual."
    "you should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you are incapable of that."

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

I brought this up many times before I quit playing. The last game of AGR I played had constant griefing + at least 1 player cheating outright.

OMC, you must enjoy these things and want to see this community destroyed.

If not, then take action.

Doc

Post by Doc »

lol beltan still butthurt that ein is better than he is