Change the 'title format' of the weekly pre-match bulletins?

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.

Should the title of OMCs weekly post change format?

Yes
No votes
No
43%
Don't know
14%
Don't care
43%

Total votes: 7

OneManClan
Site Admin

Change the 'title format' of the weekly pre-match bulletins?

Post by OneManClan »

Hi all,

I'm considering changing the title format for my weekly pre-match posts.

For the first three years, the title of my weekly posts have been in the format:
pre-match info: Weekly AGR Session <the date>.

About a year ago, I shortened it to:
Weekly AGR Session <the date>.

Simple, clear, classic - just 'what is it', and 'when'.

However I've been considering changing the 'title format' to something akin to a news 'headline', something that changes every week, something more relevant to that week, possibly more exciting. I've tried it this week, check it out. What is your opinion?

Opinion A:
Leave it man, the current format is clear, and all people need/want is to know what the date is, and they'll either read it or not. Changing the title makes it seem like the Sessions 'need' something more, whereas by keeping it simple, it implies that each Session is special in itself, and doesn't NEED a sexy headline, keep it the way it is.

Opinion B:
The current headline is dry and boring - putting a 'headline' instead is more eye catching, exciting, and more people will read it, especially newbies who might not know that each prematch info contains heaps of info, and is hopefully entertaining to read.

I can't decide, so I seek YOUR feedback. Of course if you're reading this it means you're already motivated and give a damn, not a 'random sample' nevertheless, as a fan, I value your feedback.

thanks

OneManClan
ps, I've set the poll so you can change your mind at any stage

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Change the 'title format' of the weekly pre-match bullet

Post by OneManClan »

Thanks guys..

I wasn't sure whether a catchy headline that changes every week would be more entertaining, but even in this minimal sample, it seems the current 'Classic' title format has been given the thumbs up, so after a one week break (well it WAS new years!) this week we're back to the "Weekly AGR Session: <date>" format

thanks for your feedback!

ps I've leave it so you can change your mind and revote, and also if you've come across this (much) later, vote anyway, because I'll be checking this thread again.. just in case :)