Wanted: AGR Logo

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Wanted: AGR Logo

Post by OneManClan »

Hey guys,

Someone recently offered to make a logo for AGR; this was during a game so I don't remember who it was..
Well, I'm not really 'into' the current AGR Logo, it kind of looks cheap and not particularly evocative of anything... it would be nice to have something classier and more unique. I'm not even sure if it should look 'quake' like.

If anyone has any skill/ ideas, let me know.

thanks,

OneManClan
ps, I *do* like the Rock2ober logo from the Rock2ober 2009 vid, the blue one.

sapphired

Re: Wanted: AGR Logo

Post by sapphired »

Yeah i like that lgoo and font too

also you can change not funky site logo to that ones

haze

Post by haze »

yes i know this is a very unfinished crappy sketchup...it might not even make any sense... i was just bored last night and started drawing..

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

haze wrote:yes i know this is a very unfinished crappy sketchup...it might not even make any sense... i was just bored last night and started drawing..
to much hate, blood,struggle and nails in just 3 letters)
AGR logo should be more piecefull and simple

I suppose OMC already have tatoo "RR is NOT empty" on his neck

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

haze wrote:yes i know this is a very unfinished crappy sketchup...it might not even make any sense... i was just bored last night and started drawing..

For the 'R' you could have the Quake Q and then a red streak for the tilted leg of the R.

An 'R' made out of the Quake symbol, basically.

Or the Quake symbol with all of your letters inside it.

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

Simple concept idea. Perhaps someone can pretty it up more, like add a light blue glow to the outside of the arrow like OMC liked in his Rock2Ober vid for the title.

Erm. Here, I'll just attach it to this post.

Well, I thought I would. I don't know if it attached or not.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Thanks guys for your great ideas. Ideally it should be something you'd want to put on a T-shirt. Simple, easy to read, and I dunno, maybe containing some graphic, something new. Something old skool Quake people would look at recognise, yet not put off the kids because it looks 'old'. The 'AGR' graphic on the attackersgored website (with the Red 'R') was just something I whipped up, it's not really 'good enough' to put on a T shirt. Haze's is a good concept, but maybe little too intricate. Sapphired's would look good on a Tshirt, not sure about the 'space invaders' font. It has a retro appeal though... It's a strange area, graphics. There's font type, the colours, how much detail to put in. The (still in development) 'Abomination' monster might make an interesting graphic - some kind of monster you can add to the graphic to get people asking 'what's that'? Hm.. I think I need to look at some other games Logos, and graphics to get some promotion ideas, because obviously the guys with the big bucks have done research, and are more experienced - otoh, maybe they are playing it too safe, with too much at stake to take risks.. hmm much to think about.. :geek:

Also .. as much as I hate to admit it.. the name 'Attackers Go Red' doesnt exactly 'flow off the tongue', or even conjure up any evocative image or feeling... hm. Someone suggested renaming the game "Attackers Gored" :)

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

If we are considering ideas for renaming AGR...
One-Way ctf ...?

That sounds cool, but it doesn't indicate to people that they can customize their class.

Classmaker ctf ...?
One-Way Classmaker CTF
One-Way Classbuilder CTF
Self-Made CTF
One-Way Self-Made ctf
Custom Raid ctf
Self-Made Raid ctf
Classbuilder Raid ctf

Customizer One-Way CTF lol there ya go. COW CTF

Now you just need a drawing of a blue cow blocking a red cow from a flag.

I hate cows. They make good burgers and steaks, though.