RE: Payload

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
rincewind

RE: Payload

Post by rincewind »

Here's a forum, OMC has a new gameplay mechanic (well...copied) and I sometimes play AGR. What is payload, what does it mean to AGR and what was the name of that map I cant for the life of me remember which is similar to this idea?
Discuss!

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: RE: Payload

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:What is payload,
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Maps#Payload
rincewind wrote:what does it mean to AGR
It means that Town4 can be Resurrected as a kick arse map, and once payload is working correctly, other maps can potentially be modified (eg hvh), or new ones created specifically for this brilliant gameplay mode
rincewind wrote:and what was the name of that map I cant for the life of me remember which is similar to this idea?
Discuss!
not sure..

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

OneManClan wrote:
rincewind wrote:and what was the name of that map I cant for the life of me remember which is similar to this idea?
Discuss!
not sure..
Beer? Truck....I've seen payload in a different game also

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

rincewind wrote:
OneManClan wrote:
Discuss!
not sure..
Beer? Truck....I've seen payload in a different game also
Um.. beer2!?! I'm not sure that the boat goes backwards.. hmmm.. maybe test it at today's Session.

moa

Post by moa »

rincewind wrote:I've seen payload in a different game
Enemy Territory?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Please make a copy of long.bsp into longpayload.bsp

I'm sure it would be worth a go, and it feels like it wouldn't take much effort on your end.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Jonan wrote:Please make a copy of long.bsp into longpayload.bsp

I'm sure it would be worth a go, and it feels like it wouldn't take much effort on your end.
If we have to steal it from blue base, I think it could come out about 1/4 of the map a long, give red a chance.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:
Jonan wrote:Please make a copy of long.bsp into longpayload.bsp

If we have to steal it from blue base, I think it could come out about 1/4 of the map a long, give red a chance.
Well, this weeks 'long.bsp payload' game .. was very much a 'stalemate'..

Starting the Cart at the Blue end seemed too tough for Red. Switching the starting position of the cart to the Red end was 'better' in the sense that Red got to move the cart.. but it *really* seemed unable to move further than the middle. Interesting.

We've played payload on town4 and town2 and usually Red wins, so I assume it's something to do with the unique nature of 'long.bsp' ie no cover, one room etc (Or were Red not really trying?)

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

We tried, morale got low though.

Red would probably need a 2+ : 1 advantage with the map set up like that.