AGR IN MEGA OR OLD STYLE TF

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
KING-OF-PING

AGR IN MEGA OR OLD STYLE TF

Post by KING-OF-PING »

Anyone thought about trying AGR in old style TF form or Mega?? I wouldn't mind seeing how that went.

haze

Re: AGR IN MEGA OR OLD STYLE TF

Post by haze »

in MTF, we often did play AGR style in clan practices and some pickup games (PUGS). its only natural, thats how the game was meant to be played. Any time we didn't have enough players for a full game, say 16 players for 8v8. we would just play O vs D (in other words AGR) with 5 Defense 3 Offense, or whatever depending on the map. I know RegTF did the same too.

I wished mtf had taken on the AGR format during its dying years, it could have lasted much longer. We didn't have enough players for full games, but we did have enough players kicking around to play O vs D , but nobody ever wanted to or understood it, and there was no server mode to restrict it. So we played either organized quads (2v2 , 3v3) or just a bunch of randoms messing around 2fort5 until mtf fizzled out.

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Anyone thought about trying AGR in old style TF form or Mega?? I wouldn't mind seeing how that went
Classic TF make me feel to retro, what is the sense to play such oldschool style? Its better to play TF-2 or ET or something else then.

Bruce Leeroy

Post by Bruce Leeroy »

Hey King,

I would love to see both styles readily available and played.

On a different note, I think we should bring back the Mega machine gun that the Medic uses. I like the bullets on that thing. Also, AGR should give snipers the ability to Lay down, like a true sniper. Afterall, the bullets were weakened. I say give the sniper a compensation with the Lay availability.

Engineers should have the Mag mine available to them.

I wish we could bring back the parachutes also. Those things looked so cool when they opened.

I like the helicopter pineapple that the Demoman has also.

Do you know if we can still Conc jump?

Bruce

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Hey King,
Hi Bruce,
is it taken from MegaTF? What is a effect of helipipe?

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Hi Bruce,
Bruce Leeroy wrote: I wish we could bring back the parachutes also. Those things looked so cool when they opened.
Parachutes that opened? 'Helicopter pineapple'? More info please! :)
Bruce Leeroy wrote: Do you know if we can still Conc jump?
Yes we can!

OneManClan

Bruce Leeroy

Post by Bruce Leeroy »

Hey Sapphired and King,

Remember in Mega when playing demoman you can launch a helipineapple that drops a bunch of grens. There is an old version out there where players, especially Scouts, could drop off a building (something high) and open a parachute. They could shoot at the same time while freefalling. That looked so cool. One more thing, I like the little sentry gun that Engys could build as well. I think AGR should put some of these things in there, make it more chanllenging and different. If it doesn't work then we can take 'em out and do something different.

Bruce

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

Bruce Leeroy wrote:Hey Sapphired and King,
Remember in Mega when playing demoman you can launch a helipineapple that drops a bunch of grens. There is an old version out there where players, especially Scouts, could drop off a building (something high) and open a parachute. They could shoot at the same time while freefalling. That looked so cool. One more thing, I like the little sentry gun that Engys could build as well. I think AGR should put some of these things in there, make it more chanllenging and different. If it doesn't work then we can take 'em out and do something different.
Bruce
Yeah Bruce, we need cool stuff in order to make game more playabele and bring it on new level.

I got some sheets of paper written with new game idea, inspired by CuTf of course.
Any ideas about future of Custom TF future is appreciated.

dan halen

Post by dan halen »

agr in megatf would work well i think. sapphired i like those ideas, if i was a rich asshole lawyer or something i would steal them :D

sapphired

Post by sapphired »

dan halen wrote:agr in megatf would work well i think. sapphired i like those ideas, if i was a rich asshole lawyer or something i would steal them :D
It's well known that any ideas worth nothing especcialy in internet game start-ups or something similar.

I forgot the class of shaman in the listing.