The Invitation Information

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
TeamXlink

The Invitation Information

Post by TeamXlink »

I'm trying to help and acquire more players for AGR; one of the things that I run into often when doing this is the "information". It would be nice if we created a "invitation package". Here is a conversation I was having through PM's, at Dreamcast-Talk (I've removed "personal/private" information)
TeamXlink wrote:
Macabre wrote:wulf-@Removed

Line Removed
Line Removed

Also, after looking at your email, I have a question that if the answer is no, it won't make any sense.

Do you play AGR Team Fortress?

Thank you.
Macabre wrote:I used to :lol: the community I was with was an affiliate with the diablo2 community (hellreapers) I was a part of (at one time leader of our tf section). They closed their tf section off due to lack of...ahem...adequate players. (everyone really sucked, clan was based around battle.net games, not fps's) But that was a very long time ago. Wulf- was also my diablo2 account (most common battle.net account), as well as usual account name when "Macabre" was already taken (not very often, Guild Wars was the last time I had to use Wulf- as a main name).

I kept trying to get them interested in all the fun mods, my fav one I think was the avp version and unreal fortress versions. I haven't played tf in years, are there still many populated communities up?
I'm debating on what I should tell him.

The obvious to me is:
  • Time
    Link to the site/s
    All of the FAQ information
    Link to the CustomTF wiki (for the custom class information)
    *Download Link
I put an asterisk by one because its a grey area, should we give a link to the torrent, or just let them download it when they connect; we could create a AGR package that contains the AGR things (Not Quake's PAK1.PAK etc).

What do you think?

Thank you.

-TeamXlink

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: The Invitation Information

Post by OneManClan »

Hey TeamXlink,

Congrats on having the first ever post here!! And thanks for raising a VERY (crucially) important issue - the getting the next generation of fans into this game.

There's some 'how to install' info in the Rock2ober FAQ, though of course you're right, we need a clearer, easy to find introductory page for complete newbies.

I haven't tested Sapphired's torrent, but anything that speeds up installation for newbies is a good thing. I've been telling people to 'just connect to the server and let it download' but if they have no maps, or basic customtf stuff, it can take ages.

I assume most CustomTF fans already know about AGR, so I assume most new players might not know about Q1TF, or the Customise your class concept.. ( eg TF2 fans).

I'm sure the resolution of this issue will be an on-going process, so thanks for getting the discussion started.

OMC
ps. My first post on the new forum!!! :D