Zeppelin/Ultra slow, Ultra powerful transportation?

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Zeppelin/Ultra slow, Ultra powerful transportation?

Post by OneManClan »

Just playing w an idea..

bad news: VERY slow, takes AGES to get to enemy base
good news: INSANE health

In command and conquer these were used to stop bombs on enemy structures.. thing is... AGR = players moving around. (The only static things are SGs/Engy stuff).
UNLESS..... they could destroy (eg) blue's resupply rooms..
Also, these are outside weapons, even if u made a micro version, its not going to go through doors, so this probably is not an option here.. So why bring it up?

Well.. what about some*other* kind of armoured vehicle, eg a 'mini tank'.. ie something REALLY slow but REALLY powerful. Fires cluster rockets(?).. On one hand frustrating because it takes eg 5 minutes(?) to get from (eg) 2fort5r red respawn to Blue RR, but on the other hand, unless Blue make a BIG, combined effort to kill the 'tank' it *will* arrive in the enemy base and do HEAPS of damage. I dunno..

Jonan

Re: Zeppelin/Ultra slow, Ultra powerful transportation?

Post by Jonan »

Why would a zeppelin have high health?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

You can just use a detpack to achieve most of this.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Why would a zeppelin have high health?
It's based on (or if you prefer 'a rippoff of') the Command and Conquer 'kirov airship'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CHcxj1GpUE

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:You can just use a detpack to achieve most of this.
Or more like a 'floating tank', designed to (slowly) get into an area and drop a zillion Mirvs.

Ok not a zillion - 40?

Otoh C&C is based on a lot of important ground-based structures you build and maintain.. so its a different gameplay. Maybe... some kind of 'floating det dropping device'.. (keeps dropping a det every 30 seconds (?) until you kill it(?). hmm

KING-OF-PING

Post by KING-OF-PING »

Anything slow in AGR is horrible, especially when there's teleporters and master hoppers. Pointless idea...so just forget about it.

On another note how about look at heavy aspect for me. I do not think it works right. I get bumped and blasted all over the place when I have it. It seems to be not working to me.

A better idea...add an option for normal turreting of guns or get rid of that chain and balloon idea.

Any way to add chat blocking? I'd love to not have to see some of the low class crap that constantly shows up when particular players are on. Would be a nice feature for the players with class and maybe other would play more often. I can't be the only one that's just tired of seeing it all the dang time.

I see the post below about slow moving and dropping stuff...what about that helicopter mirv grenade that mega uses or did use?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Perhaps the chain could be re-used for a climbing device?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

OneManClan wrote:Maybe... some kind of 'floating det dropping device'.. (keeps dropping a det every 30 seconds (?) until you kill it(?). hmm
We already have Air Cannon + Detpack. Which was nerfed.

Might be an idea to make a platform that floats that players can stand on. Just clean up the payload mdl.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

KING-OF-PING wrote: Any way to add chat blocking? I'd love to not have to see some of the low class crap that constantly shows up when particular players are on. Would be a nice feature for the players with class and maybe other would play more often. I can't be the only one that's just tired of seeing it all the dang time.
1. type 'users' to show the playerlist, w players numbers
2. 'ignore n' where n is the number of the retard.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Ok I've made a wip version of this, and it's ready for testing.

[disclaimer: Before anyone says anything, I want to emphasise that this is VERY experimental, nothing has been 'decided', this will ONLY appear on Saturdays Experimental AGR, and like all all untested/Experimental ideas, it will be tested, revised, assessed, revised again and unless it delivers 'better games', it will not be included in Sundays 'Classic' AGR.]

The idea "Battletank": A Slow, Tough attack class, only available for Red. From the BattleTank's POV [following settings and ideas are still up for discussion]:

BAD NEWS: Ridiculously Slow - takes 5-10 minutes just to get to the other base. (Current version) has rockets, but they fire very slowly - theres a 2 second delay between each rocket. Also you cant move sideways. You move either forward or backwards. And youre in a protective capsule, so have to look out of a viewhole in front of you (your FOV is reduced)

GOOD NEWS: Ridiculously Tough - you can withstand multiple dets, mirvs, gas etc etc, are immune to melee, conc, disease, dets, etc etc. Also unlimited ammo. And you can breathe underwater. And you don't die if red caps. If Blue do not stop you before you arrive in their base they will be in BIG trouble. Also you don't have to hold down the +forward button to walk. Just press it once and you keep walking.

Things I'm not sure about:
Q1: What weapon should it have? Current version uses rockets.
Q2: What about big maps? In its current slowness, I wouldn't want to use it in eg 2brave1..
Q3: What should it look like? I'm currently using the cyberdemon as a placeholder for it.

This would be perfect for people who want something different, ppl w a really bad ping, and maybe ppl (newbies) who are willing to sacrifice some time to get to the action, so they can get a feeling of being 'unhurtable'.

Gonna premiere it this Saturday 20th Feb 2021!

I await your (valuable!) feedback!