Building Status via Spanner Strike.

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Building Status via Spanner Strike.

Post by Jonan »

Whenever you strike your building to see it's status, you screen can be flooded with it. Causing players to miss valuable other information.

I'll use the sentry as an example.

You strike it, and it reads
Level X Sentry Gun has X/X Health, X Shells and X Rockets. (Then a new line)
Sentry Gun Frags : X

Surely this could be tidied up a bit.

Does it really need another line for the information? On my screen it only goes about half way across on the first line. Does it really need to tell you it is a Sentry Gun again?

Perhaps something like this would be more concise.

Sentry Gun, Level X, X/X Health, X Shells, X Rockets, Frags X.

Having it on one line would immediately make it half as much flood.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Building Status via Spanner Strike.

Post by OneManClan »

good point, thanks for reminding me of this .. 2 years later (sry)

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Done!

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Well.... I did put it all on one line... but during recent gameplay... personally... it was hard for me to see 'at a glance' what the status was.. ie with everything on one line. The older (but more spammy) way is easier/quicker to see 'at a glance' what the status is, with each aspect on a separate line.

The AGR Client already shows a 'SG status' display on the HUD ('head up display'), maybe I'll expand it to show all the SG info.. though it might be 'too much info'.. or I can make the text smaller. Or make it switchable on/off.

A lotta options..

OMC
ps Or maybe I could 'colour code' the 'one line w all the info'.. to make it easier to parse quickly..?