Armor Quality

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Armor Quality

Post by Jonan »

In some maps with the pick ups, the author has (IMO) forgotten to add the quality setting for the armor, in the pickup.

It can be set to 0 (or not set at all), 0.3, 0.6, 0.8.

If 0, it will simply add an amount of armor (if any), to your current quality. If you have none, it will still add the number, but with no quality setting, your armor amount will not be touched, and damage will go straight to your health. You sometimes see this on canyon1, and other maps.

If 0.3 it will change the quality to green, and then add the amount (if any).
If 0.6 it will change the quality to yellow, and then add the amount (if any).
If 0.8 it will change the quality to red, and then add the amount (if any).

I doubt any author wanted you to not pick up armor, once you have run out from, to not receive any from a pack. This is a harsh setting on their part if true.

I suggest that on a server setting, that the quality setting if not set to 0.3, 0.6, 0.8 and has an amount of armor to be added, could have a default quality, of atleast green (0.3). Red (0.8) would probably be the way to go though.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Armor Quality

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:In some maps with the pick ups, the author has (IMO) forgotten to add the quality setting for the armor, in the pickup.
Hey Jonan.

I assume you're talking about the green/yellow/red Armor. By 'quality setting' I assume you mean 'value' ie Green 100, Yellow 150, and Red 300?

What happens when you touch one of these armours is decided in a function called armor_touch, which is still 100% original TF, ie it assumes you're using one of the 'standard' TF classes. I had a look at it and it's .. fiddly..
But I couldn't see any situation where armor gives out 0...
Please explain.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Where an author has made a resup pack, and left the "armortype" as 0 (the quality / color). But the "armorvalue" as 50 (for example). If a player has already run out of armor, and he picks it up, he'll get the 50 added, but there will be no quality. So all damage will go straight to his health. This is fine aslong as you have atleast 1 armor, it will top you up.

Load up canyon1, self harm to have no armor left, then grab the pack. You will see. Rather than fixing every map that has this, you might be able to correct all. I think bedlam has this issue too.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Start from scratch w a new system?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

klanwars2 was suffering from this. Please fix the packs, or have a server default if no quality set.