Revive

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Revive

Post by Jonan »

I sometimes play Mega TF Co-Op, and they have this Survival Mode, where if you die, your team mates revive you (there is no respawn otherwise). They revive you by standing near to you for a short period of time (about 5-10 seconds). You are revived to half ammo / health / armor.

Perhaps we could have an item such as a Defibrillator (or Medikit upgrade) to something similar. Just re-skin the Lightning Gun to be Defibrillator. I could be very short range (melee) and be used to shock enemies aswell.

So you would need to stand by / over team mate that has died, but not yet respawned, and also not gibbed, for X seconds. His armor would be just the same as it was when he died, if any. Grenades and other items would be returned, to pre-death levels. 10 of each ammo would be giving from the player reviving the other. Health could be random, or say no more than 50%. 10 could probably be enough, especially if one of them has a medikit.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Revive

Post by OneManClan »

An interesting idea..

And it adds a psychological element, a decision that needs to be made.. wait (as a corpse).. or respawn.. otoh it changes the purity of "you died".

I need to think about this some more..