Skill2

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Skill2

Post by Jonan »

How about being able to buy a second skill (skill2)? If balance is still required, once you buy your first skill, all the prices of skills go up by $1000 or so. So you can't be too powerful.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Skill2

Post by OneManClan »

Multiple Professions/Super Powers adds a whole new level of complexity to the game balance. We'd be heading into the unknown, and I can see more ppl being pissed off at such a major change than feeling that the gameplay was improved in any way. In any case, this would require a MAJOR code rewrite, which would inevitable be buggy, and piss players as the inevitable bugs would ruin games.

The only way such a major change would be worth it would be if it were to attract a whole new bunch of players...

Otoh.. is there a specific thing you'd like to be able to do?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Army + Hacker, for me.

Just needs the right amount of extra cost.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Army + Hacker, for me.

Just needs the right amount of extra cost.
so you can have bots AND hack enemy builds (presumably w spy kit)?

hmmm now that you've brought this up .... why are some things 'skills', and others not? ie Spy sounds more like a profession, and a bigger deal than 'runner'. I'm assuming that the skills are the 'extra things' that CustomTF added to the (already existing) things which were part of (TF) Classes..

Still, there doesn't seem to be any reason why 'bots + hacking' is any more 'game unbalancing' than eg.. 'spy + martyr'.. or 'bots + tesla'.. or any of the many other 'weird and wacky' combinations. Hm...

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

You could get rid of skills altogether - just rename them all, and have a unique command for them.

So each one would be a device or some such.

Cybernet Interface. "hack" to use.
Cloaking Device. "cloak" to use.
Bible. "preach" to use.

"skill" would still work if you only had one, or it would just choose one over another.