Old Ideas.

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Old Ideas.

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:Since you've moved Flares from the grenade menu, does Caltrop Canister need to be still there too? It doesn't prime like grenades, seems a little out of place.
Hmmm... I see your point.. it's not a 'grenade'... otoh it *is* something you throw.. I'm happy to turn it into a 'mirv type' gren, where a main gren explodes little caltrops.I'm not a big caltrop fan, but ppl do buy it, so there you go.

My main concern is that (imho) caltrops aren't 'fun'. Not just for the victim, but for the thrower as well. You don't *see* anything exciting, you don't *hear* anything when stepping on them, and you don't see the victim react. Hm

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Jonan wrote:
(Quad Shot) Four Barrelled Shot Gun.

I was working on w_quadshot.mdl

I had copied the barrels from the double barrel, and tried to place it slightly higher on the existing double barrel. They each have the correct animation with the player.mdl. However when I try to merge them, one model is static. Any ideas on how to line this up? I can send it to you if you know how to do it.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:
Jonan wrote:
(Quad Shot) Four Barrelled Shot Gun.

I was working on w_quadshot.mdl

I had copied the barrels from the double barrel, and tried to place it slightly higher on the existing double barrel. They each have the correct animation with the player.mdl. However when I try to merge them, one model is static. Any ideas on how to line this up? I can send it to you if you know how to do it.

What software/method are you using?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

What software/method are you using?

I was using qME. Quake Model Editor. I had two copies of w_shot2.mdl. One standard, and one with only the barrels, but slightly higher. When I used the merge model option, the imported file, just become static, and not import any of its animations. Even though they separately have running and attacking animations.

Must be doing some wrong. I still have the two files, if you wish to have a look.