Abomination thread

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Abomination thread

Post by OneManClan »

Hey people.

I hate the idea of putting thoughts down and having them lost. The idea for this forum was to have permanent threads where if u made the effort to post something, u can easily find it months, or years later. How do you search for a great comment you made on a youtube thread about (eg) AGR? You can't find it. That's why I started disabling comments for my youtube vids - how will you ever find them again? Anyway, that's why I'm going to start using the forum more, starting now

OMCs diary:
Ok, Premiere of the Abomination this week, went well. The thing looks disgusting, scarey, and the f**ked skin actually suits! There were some balance issues. A few of the guys were concerned that it was insanely powerful. I had to emphasise - its a wip. As rare as a grunty bot with a rocket launcher. Anyway, its a pretty exciting addition to the AGR 'world', and a great reward for knifers.

Development Blog:
* make it so it can't be healed by a medic - DONE
* make it so it can't heal itself, w medikits or armour - DONE
* make it so it can't be chapped (quad power) - DONE
* currently they are affected by syringe .. might leave it

I'm a little concerned about warlocks focusing on kills to the detriment of the game, ie not attacking or defending the flag., so one possibility is to make it so you get the ability to 'Shamblerise' based NOT on your knife kills (hearts collected), but on how many kills *your shamblers* (or fiends../other monsters?) get.

Note: Abominations don't die when red caps (like regular players)

Finally, rather than making them weaker, but easier to kill, the concept is that they are TREMENDOUSLY HARD to kill, therefore they should be TREMENDOUSLY HARD to achieve. An Abomination should be a rare and 'special' sight!