Psion nerfing options

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Psion nerfing options

Post by OneManClan »

Hey people

As we've discussed, there is currently nothing you can buy to protect you from psion grenades, and as they really make victims powerless, they could be said to be overpowered. Does anyone disagree?

Options for nerfing the Psion Grenade:

1. Reduce damage radius
2. Reduce length of time victims are affected
3. Thrower gets fewer grenades
4. You have to wait x seconds before you can throw another one
5. Make something give immunity.. (something currently underused?)

Any other ideas?

Especially the guys who buy (and use) psion grenades regularly, tell us which of the above seems 'fair'.

Jonan

Re: Psion nerfing options

Post by Jonan »

Cyber Aug / Medikit for protection?

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Reducing the radius would of been the only compromise that would of seemed fair to me but it seems yet again in AGR a couple of us are after 'NERFS' to make the game that little bit easier...

Seems a vocal minority are getting their way again with the mod. Maybe it's because I'm a prolific user of the grenade when I go spy (a spy shouldn't get involved in direct confrontations) that perhaps I'm immune to its annoyances?
The question appears to be how do you counter it? It seems obvious, don't get hit by a psion grenade and if you did then well, it's actually your fault and the other persons skill that caused it.
The other option is buying them yourself, something I succesfully did when much to my surprise a red player started using them when I was defending. It became a trial of who really had the best timing and most accuracy then...even when psion hit was made it didn't guarantee death. After all it's 3-4 seconds of disability with no damage caused directly by the grenade. Try getting hit my bio grenade...

The cause of this is Doc's annoying psion mauser class defence on z7 which was just too much for the ineffective red team at the time. This discussion and subsequent 'nerf' is the effect. Causality!

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Doc says:

"option 1: reduce damage radius seems the most fair to me. With option 3, I always sit close to spawn and use them, anyway. I can always run in for more. :)"

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

rincewind wrote: ...Maybe it's because I'm a prolific user of the grenade when I go spy (a spy shouldn't get involved in direct confrontations) that perhaps I'm immune to its annoyances?
The question appears to be how do you counter it? It seems obvious, don't get hit by a psion grenade and if you did then well, it's actually your fault and the other persons skill that caused it.
The point of a spy is to act like an enemy in order to cause damage. Running into the enemy base and trying to run past enemies as quickly as possible to just capture is more of a scout. You are a scout using the disguise kit to keep from being killed by automated defenses.

As powerful as tossable grenades are- if properly timed, they are nearly impossible to avoid- , psionic grenades are particularly nasty because whereas some defense can help against most of the other grenades, psionic grenades have no counter.

You say "don't get hit" and that the other person's level of skill (plus any extra computer assistance, if they use those) caused you to be hit. If a sniper has 100% accuracy, they'd be basically unstoppable, and that's why people who cheat are normally banned.

The reality is that (not surprisingly considering all the options) there are imbalances in the game, and ideas are supplied to find ways to even out the flaws of the game. You don't want the flaws of your best overpowered options fixed because you like to dominate, and you like thinking you are the best and other people are just jealous (lol).

Reality check.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Jonan wrote:Cyber Aug / Medikit for protection?
-1 second or 1/2 time for each of the following, Auto Heal, Medikit, Biosuit, Heavy Weapon Aspect, Active Berzerker.