Balancing Blast

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Balancing Blast

Post by Jonan »

There's often a gripe about 300 Red Blast Armor, being too strong, and can essentially just walk on in, and out, with the flag.

Here are the current special armor types: Anti Shock, Melee, Fire Resistant, Bullet Proof Vest, Blast.

I think if you need to any of these, without increasing the cost, you could do the following.

When you buy one of the special armors, it also increases the damage received of things not covered in that type. Say, by 20%.

So, If I buy Blast Armor, I will take 50% less damage from explosions, but receive 20% extra damage from non explosive damage.

If I buy Blast + Melee Armor, I will take 50% less damage from explosions and melee, but receive 40% extra damage from non explosive / non melee damage.

Like wise I could get all but Blast Armor, and receive 80% extra damage from explosions, and RJ much further.

This way if someone is too tanked up, they would be increasing weakness to other weapons.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Balancing Blast

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:There's often a gripe about 300 Red Blast Armor, being too strong, and can essentially just walk on in, and out, with the flag.
Yea, I agree. Certain players *cough* *kop* *cough* have been known to take advantage of that option to the full extent possible :)

Re: 'special armour protection being affected by what you already have'.. It seems complicated. ie ideally you'd get what you paid for, no matter what you already have. Some people are against special armours completely.

Potential Options:
1. Making it so that if you buy red armour, you can't buy ANY special armours
2. Red armour *includes* all special armours, but speed is reduced by A LOT (ie you cant buy any speed) *and* its reduced as well. ie *insanely* tanky, but *insanely* slow
3. You can only buy 1 type of special armour at a time
4. ?

Typically, I hesitate to change anything that might affect balance, but I do agree that this currently *does* feel unbalanced. Maybe check with (eg) KOP himself, to see what compromise he thinks are 'fair enough', vs 'f**k that' :)

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Perhaps more than one special type of armor slows you down.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Could always increase damaged received from 50% to say 60% or 70%. 2/3 damage received? Instead of 1/2.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Perhaps red armor grants max of 1 special armor, yellow grants a max of 2 special armor, and green grants max of 3 (or unlimited) special armor.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

You could always tie movement speed penalties for armor quality and special armors.

Such as.
Unnarmed : +10% movespeed. Multiplier 1.1x.
Green : +5% movespeed. Multiplier 1.05x.
Yellow : +0% movespeed. Multiplier 1x.
Red : -5% movespeed. Multiplier 0.95x.

Anti Shock, $575, -5.75% movespeed. Multiplier 0.9425x.
Melee, $625, -6.25% movespeed. Multiplier 0.9375x
Fire Resistant, $750, -7.5% movespeed. Multiplier 0.925x.
Bulletproof Vest, $1200, -12% movespeed. Multiplier 0.88x.
Blast, $1500. -15% movespeed. Multiplier 0.85x
(Just using the dollar amount as a starting point.)

So the more you stack up the more it would compound.

Speed (6) + Red Blast Bulletproof Armor would be 240 (?) x 0.95 x 0.88 x 0.85.

To give a adjusted speed of 170.544.

Might help balance up some kingly flag swipes.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:You could always tie movement speed penalties for armor quality and special armors.

Such as.
Unnarmed : +10% movespeed. Multiplier 1.1x.
Green : +5% movespeed. Multiplier 1.05x.
Yellow : +0% movespeed. Multiplier 1x.
Red : -5% movespeed. Multiplier 0.95x.

Anti Shock, $575, -5.75% movespeed. Multiplier 0.9425x.
Melee, $625, -6.25% movespeed. Multiplier 0.9375x
Fire Resistant, $750, -7.5% movespeed. Multiplier 0.925x.
Bulletproof Vest, $1200, -12% movespeed. Multiplier 0.88x.
Blast, $1500. -15% movespeed. Multiplier 0.85x
(Just using the dollar amount as a starting point.)

So the more you stack up the more it would compound.

Speed (6) + Red Blast Bulletproof Armor would be 240 (?) x 0.95 x 0.88 x 0.85.

To give a adjusted speed of 170.544.

Might help balance up some kingly flag swipes.
These seem really reasonable. And definitely worth trying. On one hand, I'm nervous about ppl freaking out, perhaps for good reason... otoh.. everything can be reversed/adjusted, and since I've designated Saturdays as 'experimental' AGR Sessions, that seems a perfect time to try/test these. I'll see if I have time during the week.

ps. I really like the idea of getting rid of the 'legs option' menu. Everyone starts off superfast, and loses speed as you buy('carry') more armour...