New game features,weapons etc

Share your config/setup, and troubleshoot technical problems.
sapphired

New game features,weapons etc

Post by sapphired »

Hello here is topic for posting new game features ideas.

1. Jailtrap - kinda ability or gren type or weapon-not-easy-to-hit or something else. 'Infected' player become jailed (penalty) for some period (from 15 to 60 seconds) without any chance to spawn normally.
2. Machine gun nest - constracted by engi can be hacked, fired manually
3. Power shield rune - appears rare and randomly, can be dropped, same as quake 2 power shield, consumes cells. Used as additional armour for players.
4. Shield aura - on time (5 to 20 secs) full resistance shield for flag, sg's, dispenser - only for such items
5. Super GL - works more like Mega tf GL - more speed and distance, explodes by touching the ground and player -more power, more time to reload/recharge, limited clip.

Beltan

Re: New game features,weapons etc

Post by Beltan »

Jailtrap - Idea makes me think of Psionic grenade. When Psionic grenade stuns you, it lasts, what, 4 or 5 seconds? It seems like an eternity in combat. I'm not sure exactly what you are going for with this grenade, is it supposed to add penalty seconds to your next respawn time? What role does this item fill?

Machine Gun nest- It's called a sentry gun. The automated Sentries hit with 100% accuracy right now, why take manual control of it?

Power shield rune- Powering up one player tips the balance even further away from the teamplay aspect than it already is. Unfailingly, the most skilled players will always end up with the rune, making a player who is already tough to beat into a nearly unstoppable force.

Shield Aura- "Full resistance shield"? "Only for items"? What do you mean?

Super GL- In other words, a rocket launcher. This does give me a good idea though...A more badass version of the GL that launches volleys of 4 grenades at a time in a burst. It'd be OP as hell, though...perhaps a reduced-damage version of the grenade? I dunno...

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

The old MegaTF GL, had 3 modes, Normal Grenade Launcher, Pipe Launcher, and Long Range Grenade Launcher. The Long Range GL, would fire like the normal GL, but it didn't arch, or had low fall rate. You could bounce it in a straight line. You could take it further, and rip the Scourge of Armagon Proximity GL, have that available too.

Beltan

Post by Beltan »

Jonan wrote: ...Proximity GL...
We have proxy mines as a skill. Much to my disappointment when I went to use them as a deterrence against hoppers, I quickly discovered that our current mines are fooled by spies.

Pipebombs are pretty close to 'proximity' grenades, though- a good player can pull some great maneuvers with it.