Vanilla 2 : Vanilla Villa (viivv.bsp)

Map guides, O and D strategies, and tips.
Jonan

Vanilla 2 : Vanilla Villa (viivv.bsp)

Post by Jonan »

New map I made, an update of van.bsp
"viivv" is available now for voting.

Thanks for the input leading up to the release, I did take it on board, texturing, simplifying from earlier versions.

As for the map itself, I think most players were able to find there way around relatively quickly, going in blind. With time I think players will be able to work out where they are and what works well, on attack and defense. You can get around quite quickly once you have your bearings.

Jonan

Re: Vanilla 2 : Vanilla Villa (viivv.bsp)

Post by Jonan »

Here's a bit of a rundown of much of the map.

Spawns
------
Outside Spawns : Head towards the large block of color in your wall, to head out, or head towards the back of the base.
Inside Spawns : Head over the raised bit to head towards the main door. Otherwise you can go to the back of the base.
Flag Room Spawn : Head to wall with other team color, and stand on little button on floor, to get outside quickly.
Roof Spawn : Jump down to which ever way you want.

Packs
-----
Packs give 187 ammo, 187 (red) armor, 2 of each grenades, 42 health, 42 medikit, and spawn slowly. Please ration them. This is to enable you to hold areas without being completely unstoppable. 3 packs located in the back of the main spawn, 1 pack above main door, 3 packs under stairs, 3 packs in ramp room, 1 pack in tower, 1 pack in flag room, 1 pack under base, 1 pack each outside spawn, 2 packs near inside / outside ladder.

Doors
-----
There's quick route doors for base owners, all have the same texture.

Computer
--------
Hit the logo, to reveal a small opening.

Button Room
-----------
Push button in enemy base to open another path to ramp room. Base owner can also open this from the inside. Both open the door for a short time. It can squish you to death.

Main Spawn
----------
There is a raised bit, which is made for sentries / teslas in mind. Your team will be able to decide when to reveal your buildings.

Main door
---------
Opens slowly, there is short cuts nearby for base owners.