sabotage assessment: spit1_260212

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

sabotage assessment: spit1_260212

Post by OneManClan »

Ok there's been a sabotage accusation, from about 35 minutes into spit, it does look like glitchhunter is throwing gas grenades around in a sloppy, way, but looking at the demo, I'm not convinced its sabotage. You tell me... He throws it directly at the (dropped) flag.. The old CustomTF gas grenade used to be more deadly, ie it caused major damage, but the AGR version causes less damage; unless one stands right at the centre of the gas cloud, it probably wont kill an enemy who just 'runs through'. Maybe Glitch doesn't know that, and sincerely thought surrounding the flag w gas would kill/stall enemies..

I did however see two moments (one was at 37 minutes) where it does LOOK as if Glitchhunter throws a gas gren directly at a teammate - with no flag or enemies around.. Was it a precautionary measure, or sabotage... you tell me

OneManClan

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: sabotage assessment: spit1_260212

Post by OneManClan »

6 views, no comments? C'mon guys, here's a link to the demo! Watch 35 minutes in. Sloppy, or sabotage?

haze

Post by haze »

Well being on his team most of the night I can say he was trolling. Watch the other demos too Omc. All he does on genders2 as a red spy is sit and throw gas around our own base and bridge : areas where only his own teammates shuld be.. Its not the damage that is the problem, its the crazy sparks and stuff all over the screen and the weird skin put on All players so you cannot tell who is who. Its actually pretty debilitating.

I also know him from the mtf coop server, he does stupid crap and just repeats internet memes all day " u mad" etc.

With 96 In his name u mite assume he's a 16 year old douchebag who hasn't grown out of the stage where messing with ppl and acting dumb on the internet seems cool. And u'd probably be right.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

lol, understood.

Ok, I've 'de-registered' him pending further info, meanwhile, as you'll read in the latest pre-match info Bulletin, gas grenades will now only work for Registered players.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out genders..

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

Tried, convicted and executed. Still, good to see something is done about sabotaging. Glitch is merely a "sith apprentice" however. The true master waits in the wings :-)

glitchhunter96

Post by glitchhunter96 »

i still think gassing is a tactic, if it isn't then why is camping a tactic.

rincewind

Post by rincewind »

glitchhunter96 wrote:i still think gassing is a tactic, if it isn't then why is camping a tactic.
Above comment proves Glitch is the QuakeTF equivalent of a "ho-dad". Someone who sits on the beach, has all the gear, knows the talk but ultimately when it comes to actually surfing he never gets out of the shallow end...