Being Disarmed.

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Being Disarmed.

Post by Jonan »

I think the sequence for being disarmed is,

Phase (1) Enemy player uses skill / disarm

Phase (2) Player is disarmed, weapon is given to enemy player. Ammo for the weapon is taken aswell. You will disarmed for "10" seconds.

Phase (3) At "5" seconds you are able to chose another weapon you happen to have.

Phase (4) Weapon is returned to you after time is up, and the ammo.

Seems all well and good. I assume this is how it is meant to be working.

(I don't know the exact times, so I'll use 5 and 10 as stand-ins.)

However I've found a few glitches or oversights.

Issue (1) If you have another weapon using same ammo, you keep the ammo right?

Issue (2) If you use "discard" while being disarmed, you will throw away ammo, for your disarmed weapon, making it useless when returned, unless you find some ammo. Even if you have a weapon suitable, yet can't use it yet. Being in Phase (2).

Issue (3) Why would your weapon ever be returned?

Issue (4) If you are disarmed with Pyro Toys (either weapon), and discard, it will drop rockets and cells. Surely you should still have one weapon on hand? I know they are one item in the menu, but they are clearly different weapons, and not modes like Sniper Rifle / Auto. Does the disarmer get both weapons? How about the asbestos? Does this also effect Assault Cannon? Cluster Rocket Launcher? Grenade Set?

Issue (5) I was getting my Super Nailgun disarmed, that was fine, however, when it was returned, I was receiving ammo of 10 shells, 10 nails, 10 rockets, 10 cells. It wasn't being added to my current ammo. It was being set to that. So within a second or so, I have used all my nails up. Making the disarm extra strong.

Issue (6) I was receiving odd packs, where it was say you picked up -200 shells, -200 nails, 50 rockets, 50 cells, for example.

Feel free to check the demo in dkeep1 on our most recent session. I'd imagine many of the Issues are interconnected.