Disp

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Disp

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:If you are chaplain, and using your skill, you can't discard.
Yea, here's the situations where you can't discard:

(self.engineer & IS_BUILDING // building
|| self.is_detpacking //setting detpacks
|| self.is_feigning // ie spy
|| self.tfstate & TFSTATE_DEXTERED // passed out
|| (self.job & JOB_CHAPLAN && self.job & JOB_ACTIVE) //chaplaning
|| self.tfstate & TFSTATE_VOMITING))

It's supposed to be consistent with the Chaplain being 100% possessed by the Holy Spirit, and thus not able to focus on any other task. I just added a message in there so players get some response/info to their discard attempt, so thanks for the heads up.
Jonan wrote:If you have been disarmed, and that was the only weapon with that ammo type you have, you will discard all its' ammo when discarding.
Hmm.. I had a look at the 'discard' code. It discards any ammo for a weapon you don't have. This function is legacy CustomTF code, ie pre-AGR. I haven't looked at it, or thought about the logic before... and no-one has said anything, so hasn't been an issue.

I suppose players should get their ammo back.. when they get the weapon back.. I'll fix it (if I have time) tomorrow.

Btw I did fix a bug w the 'disarm situation' (it wasn't always restoring weapons) so at least it wont be as brutal as it has been the last few weeks.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

"I suppose players should get their ammo back.. when they get the weapon back.. I'll fix it (if I have time) tomorrow."

It's more about being able to discard ammo from your currently disarmed weapon.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:"I suppose players should get their ammo back.. when they get the weapon back.. I'll fix it (if I have time) tomorrow."

It's more about being able to discard ammo from your currently disarmed weapon.
Not sure I follow. A 'currently disarmed weapon' is a weapon you no longer have (ie until you get it back). When a weapon is taken from you, your ammo for that weapon becomes 0.

Btw I had another look at the code - FUN FACT: If you're holding an axe while getting disarmed, the judoka gets nothing..! :o

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

If I have a Super Nailgun, and I get disarmed (usually Decimus), he now has my gun. If I then push discard, I will throw the rest of my nails away. Unless I happened to have another nail using weapon, that won't happen.

The weapon will return, but now I will have no ammo for it.

If you don't discard you are vulnerable. Nails don't cause any damage when EMPed.