Civ

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Civ

Post by Jonan »

The other day we were playing on 2machb, 2 on 1, with myself on the team with 2 (red). It was obviously going be very easy for us to chain cap.

So, to make it a bit more interesting I only spent 5000-6000.

I noticed the civilian actually has weapons, in this version.

Perhaps it could be a class that could be chosen? Say by typing "civilian" in console. It could be a way of self balancing teams out of courtesy.

Or take this even further, and have civ1, civ2, civ3 etc, where the number relates to the classic class. However the civilian version of the class would be handicapped in some way.

All, much lower max ammos (50 shells, 50 nails, 10 rockets, 50 cells, 50 medikit), and max grenades (2 g1, 1 g2), half as much max armor, no skills.

civ1, Civilian Scout, no air gun, or boots.
civ2, Civilian Sniper, no damage boost to rifle, and / or much lower damage.
civ3, Civilian Soldier.
civ4, Civilian Demoman.
civ5, Civilian Medic.
civ6, Civilian HWGuy.
civ7, Civilian Pyro.
civ8, Civilian Spy.
civ9, Civilian Engineer, no buildings.
civ0, Random Civilian, like randompc.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Civ

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:The other day we were playing on 2machb ....I noticed the civilian actually has weapons, in this version.
What do you mean by 'the civilian'?

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

When we play Cross the Border, your CustomTF Civilian is not the same as a TF Civilian (50 HP, and an axe).

Civilian is when you disable all classes.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:When we play Cross the Border, your CustomTF Civilian is not the same as a TF Civilian (50 HP, and an axe).

Civilian is when you disable all classes.
Ah. Well, the only 'civilian' class I'm aware of is the one forced by maps such as 'Cross the Border'/ "border", and gmskeet. In the code these are referred to as 'PC_CIVILIAN' . These maps are pre-CustomTF, so I assume this is the 'TF Civilian' you're referring to. (I'm not aware there's such a thing as a 'CustomTF Civilian').

In any case, if players for some reason want to spend less (for the challenge?) they can already do so. Personally, I've never understood the entertainment value of going civilian, and really HATED it when forced to in maps such as border (Grrrr!).