Megahealth.

What's working? What isn't? What could be improved? Let's hear your ideas on how to improve AGR, and try to achieve .. perfection.
Jonan

Megahealth.

Post by Jonan »

How come the mega healths don't give the normal +100 health? Some maps have megahealths as an item, and the current setting really makes them underwhelming.

OneManClan
Site Admin

Re: Megahealth.

Post by OneManClan »

Jonan wrote:How come the mega healths don't give the normal +100 health? Some maps have megahealths as an item, and the current setting really makes them underwhelming.
I haven't changed (or even looked at) megahealth, it is 100% legacy TF code. I'm not sure I'm a fan tbh, its a challenge enough to balance the game without having to deal with stuff map makers included - otoh sometimes there's a logic there ..

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

All the other TFs I played in my time, mostly NZ and Aus versions, including CustomTF (Labyrinth Server), OzTF and earlier all just used the standard Quake MegaHealth system. You could go up to 250 health, by picking up 2 Megas. Civilians could even get it.

Medics could only ever get you to 150 (or +50 max, not sure). From what I've seen in AGR, Megas give you +100 health, with an upper limit of +1 health over your classes max HP.

I'd love to see it go back to classic Quake style.

Also, perhaps you could buy an upgrade for the medikit to allow you to give even more health, beyond the HP limit.

Each medikit you buy would allow you to go +50 health over the normal limit.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

For some reason the health packs, +15, and +25, stop you from firing, and only give you 1 health, and then respawn very fast.

This can leave you very vulnerable in maps like 2mages or sewer1.

Once you have been stopped from firing you have to then let go of trigger, and move away from health pack. It also stops building and priming grens.

This can be extended if you keep holding fire, you will never be able to attack or prime until released.

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Jonan wrote:For some reason the health packs, +15, and +25, stop you from firing, and only give you 1 health, and then respawn very fast.

Once you have been stopped from firing you have to then let go of trigger, and move away from health pack. It also stops building and priming grens.

This can be extended if you keep holding fire, you will never be able to attack or prime until released.
This applies to ammo boxes too. :/

Jonan

Post by Jonan »

Jonan wrote:For some reason the health packs, +15, and +25, stop you from firing, and only give you 1 health, and then respawn very fast.

If a medic picks up the +25 Health Pack, it goes to his medikit over his health. TF used to have it the other way. Heals the player first, then once maxed, it would top up the medikit.

Also when you pick up the +25 Health Pack (in general), it will keep telling you, you have picked 25 Health over and over while standing on it, even though you have only really received 1 health, each time.